Tank setup

serpent

We just received a 55 gallon tank for free and it is going to be an agreesive tank. I know that we have decided on a porky, but the jury is still out on what the other fish will be. My question is, what type of setup do you have underneath your tank? Do you have a sump with just a protein skimmer, or do you also have some calupera(sp) in there? I know that the puffer can get very messy, so I want something that will be good enough to clean up after it. Also, does anyone recommend placing lr and ls in the tank? I just don't want to have an alea outbreak. Thanks.
Nate

io dont understand why everyone says they are messy, my puffer is probably the cleanest eater in the tank, he just sucks in the food, you could pput in maybe a dwarf lionfish or a snowflake eel, or some kind of average sized wrasse.

serpent

Dlight, how is your tank set up? I am just going off what I have been told. This is a new adventure for me. Thanks.
Nate

serpent

What I meant about the fish is that we are debating on getting a snowflake eel or not. The question is about the set up underneath the main tank. I just wanted to know how your sump is set up.
Nate

well i have two over flows(125g) with a skimmer and a large wet dry all together i have 3 rio pumpsit works well but with a 55 it will have only one overflows, that is if it is drilled. if not like my 20 i have a power filter mellinium 2000, works great.