Tank size for a Fuzzy Lion?

poop_head

Hey I was looking at getting a fuzzy dwarf lion. I have a 24g nano. Would this be large enough. I've seen some say like a 30g is what you would want. Let me know what you think.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Poop_heaD
http:///forum/post/2559566
Hey I was looking at getting a fuzzy dwarf lion. I have a 24g nano. Would this be large enough. I've seen some say like a 30g is what you would want. Let me know what you think.
I think you would be fine with a 24 g just keep a good eye on the perameters of your water . I assume your talking about a bio cube right ? The lack of a skimmer might be a little challanging but just stay on top of things and you should do fine .

R

rcreations

Personally I think it's hard to keep a lion without a skimmer. Tank size is not as important. A 24gal should be fine.

N

nereef

a 24, or even a 30, would be too small for this fish. a fuzzy dwarf should get to about 5-6" at least and will be a huge waste producer.

prime311

Well thankfully a Lion is more of a lurker then a swimmer so you can get away with keeping one in a smaller tank. The waste is the big issue, and this is something that should be resolvable with more frequent water changes as the Lion gets bigger.