Tank Temp

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
ok summer is around the corner. prepare ur chillers and ac people! last summer my tank rose to a whoping 92 degrees in mid summer!!! i like to keep it at 81 by the way.
With tank temps in your range you have a larger problem than summer temps. Is the AC in your house on? I have digital / Auto thermostats in my home that are set to stay 2 degrees below my max temp swing in the tank. A fan on top of the tank with the proper spacing of lights should always keep your temp range at bay (at least a whole lot more at bay than 95 degrees). You might need to look at pumps / power heads going bad, dumping excess heat into your tank.

aztec reef

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
I agree if you change that to "Tropical Reef Animal".
thanks bang... for refracing that, is exactly what i meant. i forgat about cold water reefs.

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by TheReefKeeper
With tank temps in your range you have a larger problem than summer temps. Is the AC in your house on? I have digital / Auto thermostats in my home that are set to stay 2 degrees below my max temp swing in the tank. A fan on top of the tank with the proper spacing of lights should always keep your temp range at bay (at least a whole lot more at bay than 95 degrees). You might need to look at pumps / power heads going bad, dumping excess heat into your tank.

i hope my chiller can handle it....