Tank Update!! (1.5 yrs and counting...)

gatorwpb

I havent posted shots of my tank in quite some time, so last night I went a little camera crazy. I finally rearranged some coral placement and added one more piece of LR. Camera not the best, white balance drowns some of the colors.
FTS followed by individual corals and fuge shots.

nycbob

very nice coloring. r those tunze powerhead u r running? i am thinking of replacing my koralia with tunze.

gatorwpb

Hope you all enjoy!!
65 g with 20g fuge.
36" Sunpod with 2x150w 10K Aqualine ABs w/ 42w of t-5 actinic.
110 lbs LR, 60lbs LS.
Euro Reef RS-100 Skimmer (recent upgrade, LOVE IT, amazing skimmer!!)
2 modded Tunze 6025s and Sure Flow 1600 MJ1200 for flow
Mag 7 return
3" sand bed and cheato in the fuge with 3 lbs of LR rubble
Phosban Reactor

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by nycbob
very nice coloring. r those tunze powerhead u r running? i am thinking of replacing my koralia with tunze.
Yeah those are Tunze 6025s. I did the shroud mod where you cut out the curved part of the shroud on the inside. They get about 1100-1200 gph each with that mod. I definitely recommend them and the mod. Although I do like the sure flow mod for the MJ1200. But the tunze is smaller and easier to adjust flow direction.

gatorwpb

Oh and fish list:
1 Foxface Lo
1 Redlip Blenny
1 Yellowfin Flasher Wrasse
1 Blue-green Chromis
1 Banghai Cardinal
2 Onyx Clowns
Inverts:
Lots of turbo, nassarius, and cerith snails
2 emerald crabs
2 Cleaner shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp
3 or so stripe legged hermits

J

jrthomas40

awesome tank...how much did you give for that skimmer....i am lookin for something that will be better than the coralife ss 125

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
awesome tank...how much did you give for that skimmer....i am lookin for something that will be better than the coralife ss 125
Thanks. I think I paid around 285 or so for it and it came with free shipping. I had the CSS 65 before that, and it is a huge improvement of that. To replace the CSS 125, you may want the RS-135.

hefner413

I like the fan in the fuge idea!
really though, awesome pics of the sps. Any pics from a year and a half ago to compare to? I'm sure it's an amazing difference.

rbrockm1

your tank looks great. i would like to see more to tell you the truth. i love the birds nest. my fav SPS

saltn00b

gator - great looking tank ....
the SPS look very happy-
looking to frag that yellow mille? id love a piece :D
the idaho grape / monti undata looks fantastic as well
and your superman looks happy with some nice encrusting!

gatorwpb

Thanks all!!
I will dig up some progression shots. I have previously posted some growth shots of the orange encrusting, orange cap, and the idaho grape but I will get some FTS too.
nOOb - Im not sure if that yellow is a mille, the polyps arent that long, but its grows like crazy. Im not that knowledgable as to the species of each. I thought the mille I have is the one that is tabling next to the grape monti. it was brown/red and has turned to blue tips since I added it to my tank. Also, I gave Isis a frag of the grape at a PBMAS event at Coral Sea for some nice zoas. You can see where I broke it off from.
rbrock - if its what I think you are talking about, that is a purple monti digitata.
Hefner - the fan is how I control temperature without a chiller. I used to keep my lights on at night, but it was so bright, so I added the fan and can keep it at 78-79 with the lights on during the day.
Lighting schedule:
noon Actinics on
2pm MHs on
10pm MHs off
midnight Actinics off
Fuge on opposite schedule of the Actinics with a Home Depot special light and reflector.

saltn00b

yea i wasnt sure if that yellow one was a mille, but the other one is for sure. thats funny its ths same coral, his has all bleached out, just starting to come back recently but is growing.

gatorwpb

The yellow one (acro I believe) had a small bad acro crab on it when I got it.
Pic #2 post 1

Several of my sps are "rescues" from my lfs, where I got them for free trading xenia cuz they were browning.
Same as Pic #2 Post 1

Pic #3 Post one, right side looked like this when I got it...

The grape:

Blue tort from Pic #4, post 2, right side

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by saltn00b
yea i wasnt sure if that yellow one was a mille, but the other one is for sure. thats funny its ths same coral, his has all bleached out, just starting to come back recently but is growing.
Well he had an "incident" I heard...