Tank Update/ Fish addition question

srgvigil

Wow it's been a long time since I've visited and posted on the forum. So basically just a small update on the tank. So basically all the fish are doing great (flame angel, 2 false percs, flame hawkfish and a very small yellow goby that I see every now and then I don't know what happens with him. The tank is at a point were I have to do very minimal maintenance to it just the regular maintenance and water change that comes with owning an aquarium. Just to remind you of my setup
55 gallon tank
refugium (not sure how much water it actually holds but i guess it has a constant extra 20 gallons of water in it)
Seaclone protein skimmer (i know they aren't the best but it gets the job done the only coral I keep are zoanthids)
and the tank is an established tank of 18 months ( I did have one crash about 6 months in so you can say its been established for 12 months)
I'm at the point were I want to add some more fish as its been months since I last introduced the hawkfish. I want to get 2 bangaii cardinals and a copper band butterfly and I was wondering if you think I should go with it or not.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/3071907
Wow it's been a long time since I've visited and posted on the forum. So basically just a small update on the tank. So basically all the fish are doing great (flame angel, 2 false percs, flame hawkfish and a very small yellow goby that I see every now and then I don't know what happens with him. The tank is at a point were I have to do very minimal maintenance to it just the regular maintenance and water change that comes with owning an aquarium. Just to remind you of my setup
55 gallon tank
refugium (not sure how much water it actually holds but i guess it has a constant extra 20 gallons of water in it)
Seaclone protein skimmer (i know they aren't the best but it gets the job done the only coral I keep are zoanthids)
and the tank is an established tank of 18 months ( I did have one crash about 6 months in so you can say its been established for 12 months)
I'm at the point were I want to add some more fish as its been months since I last introduced the hawkfish. I want to get 2 bangaii cardinals and a copper band butterfly and I was wondering if you think I should go with it or not.
Hi there,
That would be cool, also I think that the firefish would like nice in your setup maybe 3 and CBB. Big note here, your tank has been running for a year with no problems. I would suggest that if you want to keep it that way to QT the fish and make sure they are ok before you put them in. It would not be a good feeling to introduce anything that you would not want in your tank at this point. They would be nice additions though, and maybe after that your tank wold look alot nicer. I do not think it woould be a really big bioload either.