Tank wipeout...

dugan

I guess I just need to vent...
I am SO frustrated and upset right now... I think I'm about to lose my last fish... I've had her for 3 years...

As you may know, my littlest daughter has been in the hospital having chemotherapy for the last week and a half. I've not been paying too much attention to my tank, just feeding on the brief trips home.
Two days ago I noticed my evil purple pseudochromis refusing to come out for dinner. Found him sitting in a cave in the LR, just thought he was in a bad mood or something, he didn't appear in any major distress. I'd seen him the day before and he was fat and mean as always.
Yesterday I couldn't find him or my tiny male clown either. Never saw any indication of disease on the clown prior. Water test, everything normal.
Tonight still no sign of them and now my female clown looks a little off. A string of mucus hanging from her right side... I'm guessing Brooklynella. I have no Formalin in the house.
I fed her some medicated food which she is gobbling up. I am hoping to buy some time so I can dip her tomorrow before I have to go back to the hospital.
None of these were new fish, I'm stumped by how they got this disease. I did put in a bunch of new inverts 2 weeks ago but I've never heard of inverts carrying the disease?
This is SO not what I needed right now.

I guess the one positive in all of this is that there's still no ammonia showing. My cleanup crew must be working overtime.
Katie

dugan

Thanks Squishy... I should add that my daughter is doing well and responding to her chemo. That's what's really important.
Katie

flamingkingofhe

your tank and your daughter most importantly will be in my prayers good bless you i cant even imagine what you are going through

F

fishlovr

So sorry to hear of your situation. Thank God your daughter is doing well:) May both your daughter and your tank make full recoveries!