tank wont clear.....

redrider

yea i have a 55 gal. SW fish tank and it has done gone thru the cycling process, but for sum reason it wont clear. the front u can look at it and it is clear, but when u go to the sides it is not clear at all. Now when my light is off, i can c straight thru the side glass to the other side, but when light is on, i cant all! i really want to get rid of this problem so what do i do? :help:

diadema

pads?
Are you running powerfilters?
What I meant by carbon filtration was to use some carbon in a high flow area to strip some of the stuff in the water that's making it cloudy. You'd be suprised how polished water can look.

thejdshow

Carbon will help alot. A lot of filters have carbon in them. Water change will also help. Definatly look into the carbon. My water was crystal clear even during the cycle.
Good Luck
-JD

mudplayerx

If you can see through the front but not the sides, then you need to scrub the glass to clean it. You can run carbon, but make sure you stop running it once the water clears (if it is indeed cloudy). Carbon only retains its potency for 2 weeks in saltwater anyhow.

redrider

my glass is clean.....i did a water change it is made a difference. i can see throught to the other side, but still alittle cloudy but not like before. thanks guys :jumping:

annanymous

did u by any chance try to seed the regular sand with live sand, if so the cloudiness will settle, just don't point PH at the sandbed

ohiorn67

check your calcium levels, I have learned that high calcium will indeed make your tank a bit cloudy.....good luck!!