tanks for sale

fish man

I have two questions
1. Wasn't there a thread on here on like classifieds where u could sell ur tanks? What happened to it?
2. How do you find if anybody that is on saltwaterfish.com is around ur town? I live in Ky and was wondering if there was anywhere u could find if somebody on here lives around that area?

btldreef

Originally Posted by fish man
http:///forum/post/3229289
I have two questions
1. Wasn't there a thread on here on like classifieds where u could sell ur tanks? What happened to it? That sub-forum no longer exists. Selling isn't allowed on here anymore.

2. How do you find if anybody that is on saltwaterfish.com is around ur town? I live in Ky and was wondering if there was anywhere u could find if somebody on here lives around that area? I don't know if there's a search option. You could always post a thread and ask "Anyone from Kansas?" or something along those lines. Other than that, you can view in the top right hand corner of the persons post, their join date, post count and location if they choose to fill that area in.

shwstpr88

Your best bet is to put your stuff for sale on CL. Selling is no longer allowed on SWF.com
Just make sure you weed through all the hookers responding to your ads lol

mrdc

I was thinking about the classifieds just the other day. Why did they disallow selling here? Just curious.

jj48

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3230760
I was thinking about the classifieds just the other day. Why did they disallow selling here? Just curious.
That is a question that i ask as well. There was a LOT of traffic brought in from that forum, and traffic is always good for a business. I know they are trying to sell goods on this site, but there was a lot of stuff for sale on there that SWF did not sell. And think about it - if someone is upgrading their system and selling their old system to someone that finds it on this forum, that is another potential customer for SWF.
That is how I found this place and I have spent several hundred dollars at SWF over the years. I don't know if they thought that decision all the way through...

scsinet

Basically what happened is outside commercial interests started selling things using the classifieds. Individuals wanting to sell, buy, or trade used equipment was not the problem in and of itself, it was that there were A) companies posing as individuals selling, and B) individuals running their own little businesses using the site.
Such is a direct conflict to SWF.COM's interests. Long story short, a few bad apples abused it so bad it had to go away for everyone.