tapping into the water pipe?

mopar9012

is there anyway I can set up an RO unit without tapping into the water pipe? Im in an apartment and thats probably frowned upon and Ive heard of hose adaptors...but I dont have a hose..
Ive looked for faucet(spelling?) adpaters at home depot and they have nothing that fits what I need....
i need some help....

dempseyjosh

i did the same thing for a long time. you can get an adapter that screws onto your faucet so that you then have hose threads(i got mine at home depot), then you just need the hose adaptor.

bama man

If you buy a new RO/DI system it should come with an adapter that screws onto your water faucet. Mine did. If you have the adapter hooked onto your faucet you can still use your faucet like normal. The adapter has a valve in it that you move by pushing a small button to close the valve. When you do this it shuts off the water coming from your faucet and sends it to the RO/DI system instead. If you need to use the faucet, just change the position of the valve. I have the filters all under the kitchen sink and just take out the small hoses when I am making new water, then simply take it loose and stow it away again. No drilling, No pain.

scsinet

Another option if you do not like the idea of hooking stuff up to your spigot...
Most sinks have a flexible connection that extends from the faucet to the valve inside the cabinet. You should be able to find a "T" fitting that can be attached to the valve by unscrewing the flexible connection. This is a non-permanent solution that can simply be removed when you move out of the apartment.

robertmathern

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/3078480
Another option if you do not like the idea of hooking stuff up to your spigot...
Most sinks have a flexible connection that extends from the faucet to the valve inside the cabinet. You should be able to find a "T" fitting that can be attached to the valve by unscrewing the flexible connection. This is a non-permanent solution that can simply be removed when you move out of the apartment.
+1