Tar on a silver truck???

takia

Anyone know how to get tar off of a sivler vehicle?? UGH!!! I knew there was a reason I didnt want silver!!! Any help would be great!!!

rberhow

Go to your local GMC dealership and ask for the stuff they use on trade ins to get them clean. My hubby used to work as a mechanic at GM and used the stuff all the time, works like magic. I can't remember exactly what its name was though. It may cost a little more but your paint job is worth it. Too many over the counter products destroy the paint job. Another little trick, since you probably have light upholstery with a silver truck, white gas works awesome to get out any and all stains. Again you can ask at the dealership, they should have it on hand.

T

tizzo

OMG! I found the perfect solution!! No chemicals at all, except your regular soap. Brillo makes a plastic scrubby thingy that comes 10 to a pack, they are disposable. I used them on my van behind the tires and I swear it removes tar. I also use them to clean out my protein skimmer since they are soap free. They are hard to find though, I bought the last 2 boxes at a Winn-Dixie that's going outa business. But if you wanna find where to buy them in your area, the # on the back is 1-800-926-5222.

mudplayerx

Rubbing alcohol or nailpolish remover? I'd definately test these out in a small, hidden area 1st to make sure they don't screw up your paint job.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
Rubbing alcohol or nailpolish remover? I'd definately test these out in a small, hidden area 1st to make sure they don't screw up your paint job.
ABSOLUTLEY NOT........I do some bodywork on the side.
DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER ON ANY PAINTED SURFACE!!
IT WILL...not maybe....WILL TAKE OFF ALL PAINT!
AGAIN
DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER

thangbom

umm try good old gasaline??...... it clean just about everything.. but test it on paint in a hidden place first..im perdy shure it would be ok becuase peope drip gsoline on the fenders of the cars all the time whewn filling hte gass up.. and u never seen any streak of it .. just a thought...

sw65galma

Not to sound harsh don't use anything else,
It's a product Called BUG AND TAR REMOVER (SAFE FOR CLEAR COATS)
I used to detail cars, work at a shop, work at a body shop.
I work at a high performance shop...
Here is my Gf's car before

And after I painted...now it's in car shows...

So yes I do know a thing or 2 about cars, paint and cleaning...
Heres another option:
http://www.autogeek.net/dewibutaotst.html

him6616

Peanut butter. I seen it on tv the other night and they said it works really well. Just keep wiping the tar off as it comes off to avoid scratching your car.