Tazing a streaker! Well he was clothed but I don't know what else to call him.

reefraff

Funny but in this case I really dont think the cops needed to zap the bug. I bet that kid doesn't think about doing anything like that again. I am sure there will be investigations and lawsuits.

mrdc

Don't taze me bro!!!
I do think the tazer is used to quickly in a lot of cases but I still found this clip funny.

lovethesea

we were actually watching the game, Yadi Molina just starts laughing and you can see all of the camera flashes reflecting on his helmet. They didn't show it and said they were instructed NOT to show it as it was happening. It was frustrating because everyone was laughing and the players were all laughing. I assumed the guy was unclothed or partially unclothed. What an idiot.

cranberry

All kids are dumbasses. OMG! I had such great fun and wonderful memories of being one. But tazer? It was a kid running around a ballpark. I'm not allowed to smack my kid upside the head if I catch him with drugs, but someone can tazer him when he is running like a silly fool around the park of America's Greatest Game. If they can tazer, I want to be able to beat his butt without consequence. Wait, I have a tazer in my top drawer. Can I tazer him when he's running away from his homework? That would be cool.
But telling a story like that will be something to be chuckled over as an adult when reminiscing... it was harmless (until the tazer). We give the terrorist more leeway and consideration.

pontius

The tazing was appropriate.
I am a cop. 9 weeks ago, I got in a chase with a drug dealer and fell and broke my arm at the elbow, requiring surgery, permanent rods, and (so far) 2+ months of physical therapy. If I had had a tazer, I could've ended the chase before it got started and not have to worry about arthritis in my arm for the rest of my life. what if the guy chasing this moron had fallen gotten hurt? did you think about that? some security guy gets hurt because this guy decides it's cool to be a jackass.
ever heard of terrorism? what if this guy had gone onto the field with the intentions of seriously hurting someone?
people don't think about the consequences of their stupidity. I'm glad he got tazed.

stdreb27

As someone who's spent hours working on those fields, I like it. For no other reason that I'm scared of sabotage...
But seriously, I think he'd rather be tazed vs being tackled by a 200 pound security guard...

kjr_trig

He got what he deserved, good work by the police officer (at least I thought they said he was police, not rent-a-cop). Can't believe how many people are actually upset about this.

miaheatlvr

Im all for tazing, Fry em up I say! lol! Hey KJR you still hanging around being useless? I KID I KID... Nice win last night! Look for Riley returning to courtside this season and MAJOR acquisitions. Trust me on this one!

cranberry

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3265709
I believe that comment applies to a lot of adults too ... seen cops lately!

Yes, but I don't hold kids so responsible for harmless pranks. I know y'all take your game seriously.... but he ran across a game field with clothes on
. People in the stands were laughing at the scenario like it was an entertaining part of the day. Something to tell their friends about later (albeit a n.aked streaker would have been an much better story and cellphone camera memory). Was anyone there in fear of their life or safety? Was it ruining anyone's good time? It added to it!
And please, concerned for safety of the cop running across a grassy field to catch a running teen? If he was carrying something, going for someone, threatening anyone... cool. This is a harmless old gag that has been done a bunch of times.
Hire rent-a-cops that watch the field boundaries better.....

cranberry

I should say I'm not saying he should be free on any consequences. Do you think he wasn't going to get caught? Let him run around and then get him when he goes to leave.
The cop that tazered.... he needs to get into a little bit better physical shape so he can outrun and catch those scray little streaker teens.

pontius

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3265726
Yes, but I don't hold kids so responsible

that statement really sums up the problem in your logic: you hold some people responsible and some, not so. like there is some kind of magical age barrier where a person should suddenly become responsible. especially when you are talking about a 17 year old who is technically neither a child nor an adult. how about a 17 year old walks up and slugs you in the face? you going to shrug your shoulders and say, "well, he's a kid, I guess it's ok if he kicks my ass since he's not responsible"?

cranberry

I never meant he shouldn't be punished for his actions. ABSOLUTELY he should be punished as anyone else should be.
Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3265730
how about a 17 year old walks up and slugs you in the face? you going to shrug your shoulders and say, "well, he's a kid, I guess it's ok if he kicks my ass since he's not responsible"?
Physical abuse if a completely different topic.
I think the kid should be a threat (to something other than the flow of the baseball game) before someone pulls out a tazer.
Originally Posted by Cranberry

http:///forum/post/3265726
Yes, but I don't hold kids so responsible

reefraff

I personally don't think they should have tazed the kid but I wouldn't raise a big stink about it if it had been my kid. I might have had a few words with the cop but hey, the kid brought it on himself.