TDS measurement

W

winstew

I just installed my new inline TDS meter to my 5+1 RO/DI unit that I have had for about a year. My well water inlet is around 300ppm but my RO/DI outlet is around 5ppm. Question is.... Is 5 ppm to high? I know it should be around 0 but what is an acceptable tollerance?

yosemite sam

It should be 0. If the setup is a year old, and the TDS is reading 5, that might be a good sign you need new filters, especially if the incoming water is reading 300. That's pretty high. I get about 120ppm here in the city, and change my filters about every 9 months, and the membrane at 14-18 months.

ravennreef

5ppm is a little high. When my RO/DI unit gets above 3 I switch out the filters and am back to 0. People recommend changing the membrane and filters about every 6 to 12 months. They arent cheap but the PPM will just keep rising if you dont.

yosemite sam

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
My tap water is 575-600. RO/DI 0.0
Wow, 575-600! How often do you change your filters?

W

winstew

You think the membrane needs to be changed as well? or just the filters and carbon?

acrylic51

Membrane should easily be able to go 24 months.....I'd swap the other filters first and see what your readings are.....

bonebrake

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Membrane should easily be able to go 24 months.....I'd swap the other filters first and see what your readings are.....
I agree.
:joy: