TDS meter

fbm

What brand did you get? I see you can get the like 17 bucks delivered and was wondering if they work good enough?

joncat24

My koralia is due today...just tracked it.
My tds meter is EZ tds. works great. I had a problem with a diatom outbreak, ordered that meter and found out the ro/di water I was buying at fish store read 90 on tds meter.
they changed all the catridges and it still read 76...so needless to say today is my first day with my own ro/di, and it reads all zeros :cheer: :cheer:
Just got first garbage can full, mixed up ready for a 25gallon water change tomorrow. then another one next weekend.gotto gid rid of that crap

fbm

Yep, I just got an ro/di unit and install it. My korolia says it will be here today but it also says in Grove City so who knows.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by joncat24
total disolved solids
search em out...I got mine from the place where u bid on stuff!!!
I just bought mine from the same place after seeing your messge. Thanks! Now I'll know if my water is good enough, no matter where I get it.
I'm curious to see what the reading is in my QT tank. It's RO water from the Water and Ice store, but not RO/DI. I'm hoping to buy my own RO/DI unit soon. I don't want to pay a lot, but I want it to work.

slugg3r

I like the in-line TDS meter you can buy. It is pretty cheap, easy to install, and lets you spot check both your tap water into the RO unit and the water out of the RO unit. Since it is always on I just spot check it without any effort and don't have to worry about the cleanliness of the container, etc.
I find anything that takes more effort I don't do it often enough. This way I check on every water change

drew2005

I was just about to post this same thing. Thanks for the info. Just bought the inline tds from the site. Can't beat $27.