teacher problem- HELP

fishking

ok so me and a friend left class 1-2mins early and we were caught, so next day my teacher yells at me in front of other teachers and students telling me he gave me a ROM(report of misconduct) and never to do it again or else, so then later on in the day i talk to my friend and he said that the teacher only told him never to do it again in the halway and in a calm voice, HE EVEN APOLOGIZED TO HIM, saying srry i had to tell u this. Im right now ****ed off that i was givin a rom, detention and yelled at by him, while my friend only got off with a apology???
should i do to my principal to have this ROM removed?????

tangman99

I have no idea what a ROM does or does not do for you. When I was in school it was much simpler. They just took you to the office an smoked your arse. Over and done with and life went on.
You said you did something wrong and got caught so it sounds like you were guilty. Does your friend get in trouble as much as you or are you seen as a bad influence on him by your teacher? There is much that can be be assumed here.

fishking

ithis is the first time i did sumthing bad, another teacher saw us and told my teacher that she saw us leaving, now my friends is a a troublemaker, he constantly gets ROMs and if anything he is seen as a bad influence on me, so i dont get y he gave me a ROM, i now all teachers would usually give them a warning or one detention for the first offense, instead he went straight to a ROM and detention

jmick

Perhaps this teacher expects more from you then he does from the other student and is giving you a little tough love?

danedodger

I'm with cheyco, suck it up and drive on. If you compare what you get with what others get all your life you're going to be pretty darn miserable! When you do that it NEVER seems fair, bad guys just keep getting more and more while the good guys keep getting stepped all over, and will eat you up inside!
If you really want to know the whys though why not just go and ask your teacher? Teachers are just people, after all. Maybe something like a very calm, reasonable, conversational "Something's really bothering me. Could I ask you about it? It feels like you came down a lot harder on me than you did (whatshisname). Why?"

lepete

1) Disciplined you infront of other students & teachers is unprofessional.
2) If you TRUELY dont deserve it, talk to the principle. Dont go in with 'John didn't received ROM...'. Use 'I dont deserve this because ...1st timer, gotta pee, whatever...'. Back it up with your perfect attendance, good grades..blah..blah...appologize. promise to be good...be sincere. Learn it for you'll use it in traffic court !!!

fishking

i confronted him and he said sorry and he will try his best to have it removed, so i thanked him and told him i would never do it again

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by fishking
ok so me and a friend left class 1-2mins early and we were caught, so next day my teacher yells at me in front of other teachers and students telling me he gave me a ROM(report of misconduct) and never to do it again or else, so then later on in the day i talk to my friend and he said that the teacher only told him never to do it again in the halway and in a calm voice, HE EVEN APOLOGIZED TO HIM, saying srry i had to tell u this. Im right now ****ed off that i was givin a rom, detention and yelled at by him, while my friend only got off with a apology???
should i do to my principal to have this ROM removed?????
You should stop leaving class early. My opinion, heh.
Teacher sounds like he/she is trying to get you ready for college...an environment where your attendence is not policed at all. You leave early and miss important info, you fail.

fishking

ture but we werent doing anything everyone was by the door waiting to leave, but then again i still shouldnt have left=(

mudplayerx

Also, sounds like the teacher might have it in for you, so be careful. Are you in USA? Grades 1-12 schoolyear is almost over.... just let it slide and you won't have to see him/her again.

fishboy091

I've done the same to get to lunch early(im in the back of the school). I never got caught though. The classes I "act up" in, I'm usually cool with the teacher. Some teachers don't like certain students. My mom is the assistant principal at my high school so I dont act up in too many classes. Just watch out for this guy.