teenagers

jay0705

I just picked a option to post this in.
How the hell have teenagers become so absent minded, brain dead, and just all around stupid!?!????. Were we like this at that age and I just dont rem? Iam 37 so it wasn't that long ago.
I get a tex that one of our 4 dogs 3 of which are sisters, is bleeding but "we didnt hear anything"!!!!!!! Come home to blood covered snow rt outside the door, 10 ft from where they both were!!!!!!!!!!! But "we didnt hear anything" dogs were alone all day no issues , yet all hell breaks loose when the 13&16 get home, wtf!!
Sorry to bitch but this isnt the first time.

snakeblitz33

Sorry to hear. I'm getting closer to 30 every day. I ask myself the same thing.

The mods will probably move this thread to "the aquarium"

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Up, off to the Aquarium.

I remember my parents complaining about the youth of my day (disrespectful, stupid, know it alls) compared to the youth of their day (total perfection)....

snakeblitz33

I have roughly ten years until I have to deal with this.

My generation, generation X, is lazy and doesn't want to work either. Though, I feel like some of that has to do with a stagnant economy. A lot of my friends got college degrees and there are no employers to hire them because they are overeducated - when some uneducated (not to be stereotyping) person can get the job and work for three times less.

seecrabrun

I'm about to have a 12yo and good grief does it suck! I don't remember being this lazy, self centered, and withdrawn when I was 12! I have to nag him all the time to do anything at all. Maybe it's because he's a boy, I don't remember what 12yo boys were like when I was that age, or at all.

flower

I just picked a option to post this in.
How the hell have teenagers become so absent minded, brain dead, and just all around stupid!?!????. Were we like this at that age and I just dont rem? Iam 37 so it wasn't that long ago.
I get a tex that one of our 4 dogs 3 of which are sisters, is bleeding but "we didnt hear anything"!!!!!!! Come home to blood covered snow rt outside the door, 10 ft from where they both were!!!!!!!!!!! But "we didnt hear anything" dogs were alone all day no issues , yet all hell breaks loose when the 13&16 get home, wtf!!
Sorry to bitch but this isnt the first time.

Hi,

What makes you think the kid's would hear anything? Not all dog fights are loud, and it's unfair to be mad at the kid's because the dogs got into a fight. 4 dogs is too many if they are fighting (you said it wasn't the first time) 10ft in a sealed closed up house isn't unreasonable to say they didn't hear anything. The kids let the dogs out to potty, and the dogs got into a snit over something, the kid's didn't do anything wrong.

Teenagers are moody, so are mom's and overworked dads. Kid's aren't lazy, they have lots of energy...they just don't WANT to do what you want them to do. I raised 3 teenagers and I have 13 grandkids...6 of which are teens. Nagging won't work, but you can take away privileges, or create a reward the kid would like for doing chores on time...such as an allowance or use of the car.

Not so different from the real world...we work for a pay check, or follow the law so we don't get a fine or be arrested.

I had a friend who had a teenage son, their two dogs got into it, and he broke up the fight...he also got bit on the hand. No big deal, just a small puncture and scratch...until the boys hand swelled up that night and he landed in the emergency room, the boy nearly lost his hand to infection. The police got involved because it was a dog bite...even though it was the household dogs. So expecting the kids to keep the peace between dogs may not be the best idea.

jay0705

The blame the kids scenario comes from past observation. Some people are observant others not even close. I bow hunt, doing so I think iam just more intune w the little things. I know the minute I walk in do the dogs need food, how many came to greet me, the way they act I know if something happened. The kids notice they need food when they walk by w an empty bowl in there mouths!
I also should clarify not all 4 fight just the 3 sisters which surprises me

snakeblitz33

Jay,

I'm more of a military style person myself,... I have certain routines and certain ways of doing things. I'm quick and observant. Sometimes you can't expect kids to be full grown adults and have as much experience as you do. Personally, and don't take offense, I wouldn't be mad unless it was part of the routine that they are responsible for. IE feed the dogs after school. I would actually be proud of my kids for not trying to break up a dog fight - or at least if they did, to be very smart about it. (Like using the water hose or a strong stick.

I know your mad about a potential vet bill and one of your dogs getting hurt, but what if one of your kids got bit? That would have been a scar and a hospital bill. I'm just glad that everything worked out and no humans were hurt.

jay0705

Breaking it up I totally get snake. It was done by the time they let them in. My issue was they had no idea it happened. If there wasnt snow they wouldn't have noticed. The evidence , jesus I sound like csi lol suggest they were all at the door waiting to come in. A common issue w the kids leaving them out too long in the cold. They get cold they get edgy they will fight. I should say there smaller dogs 40-50lbs

jay0705

The thing that aggravates me is if its me or my wife home there is never an issue only when its the kids

snakeblitz33

Lol. Teach them!

Ask how long they put them outside. Then put your kids in the backyard that long. Point made! Lol

I see your point though.

flower

The thing that aggravates me is if its me or my wife home there is never an issue only when its the kids
My when I had two males. one a shepherd and the other a golden retriever (I had rehome one, because of dog fights)...it was only when I was around, they were jealous of me. Maybe your dogs have issues with each other only around the children. Bottom line, if there fighting to the point of blood, it's time to rethink the number of dogs you have. I opted for a male and female, I had the female spayed. Whenever you have dogs of the same sex, there will be battles, and if it's bad enough for bloody battles...you have to do something about it. It isn't the children's fault nor responsibility...like I mentioned, dog fights can be dangerous for your children to be trying to break up. The answer is to stop the dog fights.

jay0705

Oh I agree. All are spayed. I do plan to fix the issue. I just dont know what it is the kids do. Bc I never geta straight answer. Dogs are like people they have routines, if you cant u cant manage to simple let them in after a sufficient amount of time. Then there are issues. Not just w the dogs but w me. It was a family decision to keep all 3 we fostered them. Its simple let them out let them in. Not let them out and play on ur phone, watch tv, or whatev else