Tek or Aquatinics

wrongmove

I am thinking about buy either a T-5 Tek or Aquatinics fixture for my tank. I am just wondering if anyone has any feed back on quality and success of either of these brands and which on you would recomend. I am interested in keeping clams and maybe some lower light sps. I understand coral placement will make a difference I am mostly looking for reviews of either fixture pro's and con's. Any info you all have would be great. Thanks in advance

J

jrthomas40

if i hadnt just got these hqi's then i was looking into the aquatinics SOLAR....it looked like a really awesome fixture and the expert FANKER...has made a few suggestions about the aquatinics and if my hqi's still dont work out in the next few days or so i am going to trade them for lesser ones or get my money back and get the SOLAR

dueces

I love my aquatinics fixture. I went from Current Orbit PC's to T5's and the difference is huge. My PC fixture was 192w and the T5 fixture is only 195w. I researched both fixtures and in the end choose the aquatinics over Tek. I liked the indivual reflectors and the price, either way you'll be good. let me know if you have any questions

saltn00b

Tek and Aquatinics are the best T-5 brands , so you are fine either way. im about to get the new Aquactinics 14 x 39w set up for my 150g.
Tek doesnt make hoods for 6' tanks.

wangotango

for pros and cons between the tek and aquactinics:
pros: tek is probably cheaper depending on where you get it, tek has a nicer look to it, but is wider than the aquactinics. aquactinics are cooled by a built-in fan. properly cooled T5 fixtures have a par of up to 25-30% more than uncooled fixtures. aquactinics has their owner on -- that answers questions quickly and gives you any help that you need.
cons:tek is NOT fan cooled, and i THINK that the bulbs are all on or all off at a time (aquactincs different banks so you can turn your actinics on then your full spectrum, and what not) fanker knows the teks inside and out, and i think i have a pretty good hold on the aquactincs. imo i would go with the aquactincs. im putting the 5x 54w bulb fixture on my 55.
-Justin

wrongmove

Awesome. Thanks for the info I think I will try for the aquatinics. The only problem I have is that when I go to their website it says that they only sell through retailers. So now I have to hunt down a place to get a price for one.

J

jrthomas40

i know what place they are selling them from but i dont think i am allowed to post it on here...onetightaccord@hotmail.com....i will tell you