TEK v.s. Nova Extreme Pro

splatshot

Looking to upgrade to T5 lighting. Want to be able to keep all types of coral.
Lots of positive comments for Nova Extreme Pro & TEK Lighting. The TEK is a little more $$, is it worth the extra $$.
Is the TEK the right choice?

shinobi9119

does the nova extreme pro have individual reflectors? I have just a nova extreme. If it has individual reflectors it could go either way. If the extreme pro doesnt have individual reflectors u may want to go with TEK but im not positive. I hope someone else can help more

ibew41

I vote TEC because the reflectors are better than the nova's.the TEC's are bent better and better material but ice cap has even better then TEC

reefraff

Tek. Novas reflectors aren't as good but the active cooling makes up for a lot of that. However AZOO (among others) make a little fan array you can clamp on the back fram of ther tank that willl cool the tek fixture. You will spend a little more money but you will know where it went.
If your tank isn't very tall the Nova will do just fine.

moprint

I have the Nova Extreme Pro 48" version and it is all right. I have no complaints. I did replace the stock actinic bulbs. Like reefraff said if your tank isn't very deep the Nova will work for you. What size tank is it??

splatshot

My tank is 20 inches deep and 48 long.
If I go with TEK, do I need to hang it or can I set it on the tank?

nycbob

tek is a better fixture. but nova pro is cheaper. the tek can either be hung or sit on a pair of legs. the legs will cost u another $55. whereas the nova pro comes with everything. this is mine with the pro.