tell me about your experience with flame angels

jacksonpt

I want to heard from everyone who has had, or who does have a flame angel. I'm plotting out my next couple of purchases, and I'd really like a flame angel, but I've heard it's risky to put them with corals.
So, what's your experience?

option720

Had one for six days before it decided it wanted to take a nap on my carpet. I can't believe it jumped out of a hole that small. make sure you tank is sealed to prevent it from happening to you.

geoff

I've had my flame for a couple of months, she's a voracious pig but oh so cute. She nips at overturned turbo snails (although I've never seen her kill one) and lately she's been eating the little fingers off my pulsing xenia (I'm not sure whether they'll regro or what). She's also the cutest darned fish in my tank so I suppose I would say it was worth it but they definitely need to be fed often.

gq

I just bought a flame angel a month 1/2 ago i just put it in my display tank this past sunday. So far the fish hasn't bothered my corals or my other fish. It love to swim between rock work though so get lot's of that but so far eveything is OK!
i WOULD SAY GO FOR IT

bbreaux1

what do yall feed the flame angels and would a seaweed clip with some nori or something like that be a good idea for it ?

y2says

I wouldn't introduce one to your tank unless it's about 6 months old. It will thrive better in a mature tank. Otherwise hardy fish and adds a lot of color to your tank.