Tell Me More About Copepods ?

flight

Please everyone tell me more about Copepods? EVERYONE....this will be good for everyone to know as well.

nakadoc

Has anyone ever bought copepods on line? If so was in worth it or just a bottle of water? I found a few sites who sell them and was wondering. They claim that they have copepods for sale, which is kind of hard to believe being the size of this things. If this is true it would really help with those who have manderines and other copepod eating spiecs.

ruaround

go to you LFS and see if they will sell you some "Grunge" or something to seed you substrate... there is a site that starts with a "G" and rhymes with "Barf" dot org... they are local to me and have a great rep...

celacanthr

Originally Posted by nakadoc
Has anyone ever bought copepods on line? If so was in worth it or just a bottle of water? I found a few sites who sell them and was wondering. They claim that they have copepods for sale, which is kind of hard to believe being the size of this things. If this is true it would really help with those who have manderines and other copepod eating spiecs.
the amount of copepods you will get per order entirely depends on what vendor you buy from. As for the size of copepods, first make sure it is copepods that they are selling, and not rotifers, or amphipods. If you are sure that they are copepods, then keep in mind that there are numerous strains and species of various sizes.
HTH