Tell me what you think

I'm super excited. This is my first tank and it is doing so well. Tell me what you think. Just FYI, that is two different true perculas.

mudplayerx

Looks great to me. The powerhead is especially nice. What kind of lighting? How much water turnover do you have per hour?
Do you know about urchins eating all of your purple algae and knocking stuff over?

I have a skilter 250 that turns over 250 gph and the standard filter that does around the same. So if igure I have at least a 500 gph turnover. My lighting is a coralife dual compact llight with 2x65 watts. My tank is 29 gallon so that gives me 4.48 w/gallon.
Could the urchins eating my purple algea be the reason I can't get coraline algea to grow anymore?

I'm no expert, but I think a lot of people have trouble with their first tanks because they cut corners to save money and fail to do things right. But by doing so, you only increase the cost in the long run. I have just been very fortunate. I've been lucky to have a great LFS near by. Don't get me wrong, I have made plenty newbie mistakes.......damsels........trying to intorduce anemones too soon.......trying to mantain more difficult coral. It has been an experience that my kids and I have greatly enjoyed. If I could afford a bigger tank, I would have already upgraded. I want a 240 gallonor larger. Lots of money though.

coachklm

I see 4 different soft corals on one rock..... the paly's generally have a faster grow rate then the smaller zoanthids and may take over the rock. so a fragging may be neccesary to continue good growth of all corals.
JMO