tell me what you think

flamingkingofhe

well i am designing a new 135 g. thank to be buit into the wall (well built in the wall look at least) and was wondering if this tank set up would work and if anybody had any criticism and suggestions
this is what it will look like
1 (3) 250 w. mh bulbs + 2 vho 160 w bulbs (lights)
2 arctica chiller 10" length
3 canopy
4 6 ft. stand to fit the exact dimensions of the tank
5 ecosystem 30" lenght model 3012
7sealife systems berlin sump 29" length
8 sealife systems protien skimmer
9 calcium reactor either my reef creations or knopp
10 return from ecosystem
11return to tank from sump
12 built in overflow
13built in overflow
14 overflow into sump
15 overflow into ecosystem
16 ecosystem lights
17 135 oceanic tank 72" length 18" wide 24" high
i realize that makes the stand crampt and that it will only leave 3" in room but will it work and how well also where do you think i should position my power heads and what gph.
are the 10,000k mh bulbs the white and the 20,000k the blue or is it the other way around
and last but not least what watt bulb and what k. thanks
sorry for making it so long

T

thomas712

Only two things.
1. I'm just not a fan of ecosystems, I don't know they just turn me off.
2. from all I have been researching it has been suggested to me to go with the 250 watt Ushio bulbs at 10000k, and not the 20000k Radiums.
Not much help I know but other than that it sure sounds sweet. Don't think you could set it up at my place for a while so I could critique it a little more do ya? :cool:
Thomas

flamingkingofhe

unfortunatley i dont think i can set it up at your house but you can have the blue prints or if you want a bigger piece you could have the bill!!!! so i should go with 3 10k and no 20k

T

thomas712

I have no MH experience but like I said from the research that I have done an with talking with others the 10k is what is recommended. Perhaps you could look up past post on such matters. Or post a MH lighting thread of your own.
Thomas