temp of my 12g nano

devilboy

what does everyone keep there nano temps at?
i can not keep mine below 81 with the lights on. isnt that alittle too warm? :notsure: i dont know what it will drop to at night time with the lights off, since i only have water in it now, and trying to get everything correct before i add my live rock and sand.

gregzbobo

I keep mine between 81-83. It hovers toward 83 lights on, so I said screw it and set the heater to keep the temp in that range for stability. With the heater off, it drops to mid-70's lights off. But thats a bad thing, so I average 82 at all times now.

zoie2

Mine is at 80. I only have the LS in mine, Still waitiing for the LR. I don't understand the lights though. They give you a schedule on which ones to leave on for how long, but they don't tell you which is which. One switch puts on a fan and white lights, the 2nd switch turns on a pretty blue light. I don't think the 3rd switch is doing anything. Which light do I use 24hrs? the white with fan, or the blue one ( I hope it's the blue one, it's prety)

gregzbobo

I assume you have the aquapod? I have a Nanocube, its light switch runs the lights and fans, and the switch on the lid operates the LED moonlights.

devilboy

yes the third switch is for led blue lunar moonlights, you should of had a loose power supply and it gets plugged into the back on the right side of the cube. i would keep the whites(daylights) on from say 7 - 8 hrs and the blues (actinics) on 9 - 10 hrs, and leave the led blue lunar moonlights on 24hrs....

zoie2

If I turn off all three switches, and then turn my 3rd switch on, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

devilboy

Originally Posted by zoie2
If I turn off all three switches, and then turn my 3rd switch on, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
i think so, you should have a power supply that should plug into the back for the led moon lights, the power supply looks like something you would plug into the back of a video game system, and the other end gets plugged into the electrical outlet