Temperature issue for Biocube 14g.

lxxnp1234

I replaced both of my lights 2 weeks ago. After that, I pay more attention to the lights and the temperature. I notice the water temperature is around 79F at night and 82F during the day when the lights are on. I think it's a little bit higher.
Is that a really issue for the coral and fish? Is there any way to control the temperature around 78F?
I heard about replacing the feeding window with 'Azoo Cooling Twin Fans' can solve this problem. Is that True?
Thanks for all advice.

srfisher17

Any fan, directed over the water surface, does a good job lowering water temp a bit. IMO, 82 is nothing to sweat, however.

cranberry

Do you have AC? Summer is coming......
What is their stock pump rating? Some of these have pumps that draw way more than needed. We replaced the pumps in our JBJs and the temps fell like a ton of bricks.

lxxnp1234

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3266863
Do you have AC? Summer is coming......
What is their stock pump rating? Some of these have pumps that draw way more than needed. We replaced the pumps in our JBJs and the temps fell like a ton of bricks.
I don't know how many watt for the return pump, but it's 137 GPH. I also add a Koralia 1 pump.