Temperature.

G

gpoll34910

Any tips to keep the temp in my 72 lower during summer months?

mr . salty

Outside of spending lot's of money on a chiller, keep the room cooler. In emergency you can put ziplock bags of ice in the tank. But don't drop the temp to fast. LFS says not to worry till temp reaches upper 80s. Say 86-87. hope this helps.

hermit

I had a real tough time with this one in a micro reef 15 gallon All-Glass Designer tank that I was working with.. I epoxied two mini mights to the inside of the hood but it kept too much heat in there.. I ended up making it an open top reef with a solar system pendant over the top.. Works great now.. No heater and the temp goes to 80 at night and up to 83-84 at noon.. I was please.. You might want to put some sort of fan in the canopy if you can.. I know there is a new fan I saw with a built in thermostat.. It has like a little probe that senses the heat and the fan is variable speed.. The hotter it is the faster the fan goes.. It is pretty compact also.. I think it is only 5 inches across.. But as an intrum solution the bags of ice worked well for me.. But it was a big pain in the ass.. I had to justify me using my air conditioner for the condo (Central Air)just to cool my tank.. pretty funny actually.. GOOD LUCK!!!
[This message has been edited by Hermit (edited 06-23-2000).]