Temperature ????????

perfectdark

Its a workable range... anywhere from 76 to 80 is fine. Mine is at 80 during the day time schedule and 79 at night. what is worse than a high or a low temp is abrupt fluctuation IMO.

120reefer

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2532165
Its a workable range... anywhere from 76 to 80 is fine. Mine is at 80 during the day time schedule and 79 at night. what is worse than a high or a low temp is abrupt fluctuation IMO.
I agree 100%. Consistency is definately key.. you don't find the ocean fluctuating 3-4 degrees each day

tvan

fpanther.....not enough information.
reef temperature normally ranges from high seventies to mid to upper eighties. Consistency is not the norm on a reef flat. variance is.
fpanter your answer lies in the critters and coral in your tank, and where they are from.
Research my brother.
Tvan

tinmanny

Mine runsfrom 78 to 81 I like it to be 79 or 80 and even on a reef the temp goes down after dark the only thing is to be consistant with what you want up and down a little is ok but in a small tank with the same inhabitants you may hurt them or stress them temp fluctuations may cause ick I read that on here some time back stress is the beginning for ick