Temple, Texas anyone???

shrimpdady

Are there any good LFS in the Temple, Waco, Killeen area?
I have been to all LFS in Temple.
Also been to North Waco Tropical Fish, and Aqua Pets & Birds.
Any place else???

sunburnt

I should say "Howdy" just becuase they expect it.. heh.
Get used to ordering online, buddy. The one LFS in Killeen gets in no variety, and the surface water of their tanks is disgusting, attesting to the water quality. I go in the day they get their fish, so they're still in bags, but they never get anything different or unusual... They have a few corals, but unGodly prices and usually dying. Some LR, but usually more like base rock.
In Copperas Cove there's a LFS that takes better care of their tanks, but again- not much variety. If you call them on Monday and ask them what's on the list, they give you a 30% discount if you buy something and pick it up on Thursday while it's still bagged... They usually have some anemones, but no other corals. They have what passes for LR around here, but again, I recommend you buy online. The stuff is base rock with a LR sticker price.

In Temple, you have Fish Bowl and *****. Fish Bowl has recently had very bad ich... but that was the first time I saw any probs with their water. And again, call on Saturday and ask to hear the list. I don't know if they give a discount for things you buy that they don't have to acclimate into their system... They have the best variety of LR and corals in the area... Their LR is swarming with micro brittle stars and stomatellas (cap snails), but the prices are a bit high on some corals. *****... one of our members works at that one - DaneDodger. She's doing what she can to improve the place against its will, and is very nice and helpful. I'm not sure if she uses her real name on here, so I'll just hope she posts for herself!

I don't know about Waco... Share whatever info you have about that!
Austin has some good places, but if I'm going to drive the hour to get there, I'd prefer it was to the airport to pick up a freight order of fishies. :joy: There's another thread (I think "Central Texas" is in the title, so use the search feature to find it) that discusses the Austin and Round Rock stores further.
Good luck.

shrimpdady

The Fish Bowl in Temple is by far the best LFS I have been to.
There is a guy there that is very informative and takes real good care of the fish.
Thanks for suggesting the search.