tesselata combo

blaze420

im gettin ready to re stock my 75. i was considering doing another agressive setup. what do you guys think about a tesselata eel and maybe like 2 lion fish. my tank was origionally setup for large predatory fish like eels, gruopers, etc. i have a wet dry rated for a 300 gallon tank so it could handle the bio load created by a tesse and a few lions i know tesselatas get big but im assuming that they grow like weeds right? i also have a friend with a 125 so its not really that big a deal about space. but would that fish combo work? if not what do you suggest, im open for any ideas because im restocking from the last ick out break i lost 3 fish because of a bad combo my snowflake picked on my dog face. anyway im getting a uv so maybe i wont hafe to deal with such a loss again. suggestions?

solandri

Isn't a 75 or even a 125 a bit too small for a tesselata? I'm gonna be setting up a 180 and I even thought that was a little too small for how big those eels get. Not at all certain so I'm wondering myself if I'll be able to keep one too.
-Mike
westonm@sas.upenn.edu

blaze420

well i was thinking it would be like the main fish only maybe 1 or 2 other inhabitants? you buy em around 10 to 15 inches i think. i assum they dont grow terribly fast