Test kits....

ncacura

I was wondering if anyone knew of a test kit that continuosly monitors the paramters of saltwater. Things to include, PH, alkalinity, salinity, calcium, Mg, etc. Anyone know of such a thing?

florida joe

the only constant monitor i have ever seen was just for ammonia seachem makes it and its good for one year

ncacura

doesn't necessarily have to be continuos, but an all in one monitor, that is digital would be nice, anything ever made like that? I know i've seen digital monitors that do ph, salinity and calcium seperately, but not all inclusive.

florida joe

Quick dip makes a test strip that tests ph, total hardness, alk, nitite, nitrate and chlorine I would not want to bet my life on there accuracy but as a quick check they may be what you are looking for

fishpoor

seachem also has one for PH, as far as digital goes...? I have not seen anything other than the individual testers from PinPoint. The do have them for pools and spas so they SHOULD have them for us saltwater people too! If you find one let us know! (and tell me where to get it to since we are so close by each other ;)

florida joe

Originally Posted by Fishpoor
seachem also has one for PH, as far as digital goes...? I have not seen anything other than the individual testers from PinPoint. The do have them for pools and spas so they SHOULD have them for us saltwater people too! If you find one let us know! (and tell me where to get it to since we are so close by each other ;)
i may be wrong BUT seachem ph test that fishpoor is talking about is only for fresh water not salt

ncacura

Yeah, I've been searchin around online, the only test kits I found were individual, but they are expensive, maybe once I get some money I'll invest in a couple....but right now I'm broke :)