test results

xhappyx

just did a few tests basically because i suspect a problem my tank is sps dominate and i noticed that the only corals affected are my mileporas. the color on them is bright but they are lacking polyp extension. they did have nice extension and great growth up until about a month ago. if i remember correctly alk should be between 10-12 dkh, and calcium and magnesium seem to be a bit on the high side. what's the safest way to raise the alk. i'm using warner marine calxmax 2 part. am i able to adjust my alk by doseing more of one then the othe? any advice would be helpful. thanks.
salinity = 1.026 refractometer
alk = 4-6 dkh elos
calcium = 475 elos 512 salifert
magnesium = 1800 elos
phosphate = 0 salifert
strontium = 10
nitrate = under 5.0
ph = 8.1
temp = 82.1

gatorwpb

um yeah the alk is certainly low and mag way high. Calc at 475 is not bad, 515 is too high.
I have to dose different amounts of my 2-part. It depends on how your tank uses the individual ions in the water.
I think the most your supposed to bring up alk in one day is 0.5 dkh so just start adding more of that slowly each day and holding off on the other solution. Youll start to see improvement in a couple days, assuming thats your only problem. Be happy that they didnt STN or RTN

oneradtek

having the same issue with the alk and im having issues getting it to get and stay up im at 8 dkh currently. originally around 4-5 dkh. my corals were looking like crap too..... I FEEL YA

xhappyx

only had one rtn. did 3 big water changes over the course of a couple days and also added the minimum dose of seachem alk buffer. and get it up 7dkh. already starting to get better polyp extension. hopefully i can maintain it a little better.

koesterkep

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2661272
um yeah the alk is certainly low and mag way high. Calc at 475 is not bad, 515 is too high.
I have to dose different amounts of my 2-part. It depends on how your tank uses the individual ions in the water.
I think the most your supposed to bring up alk in one day is 0.5 dkh so just start adding more of that slowly each day and holding off on the other solution. Youll start to see improvement in a couple days, assuming thats your only problem. Be happy that they didnt STN or RTN

Agreed get the alk up to 7-9 and lower the mag to like 1300.