Thank you all

andy51632

It was about 6 months ago that I had my first post on this forumn. I had a tank and a dream of a beatiful saltwater aquarium. I have learned so much from all of you and I am really greatful for your help. From building my sump/fuge to purchasing live rock to setting up a QT there was always some one there for my questions. Sometimes I can even chime in and help others now.
I am hoping to get some pics up this weekend of my tank so you all can see what you have help me accomplish. I have 3 fish in my DT right now and 1 in QT plus I have a pretty big cleanup crew. I don't have any corals and probally will save them for down the road when my wife can let me upgrade to halide from my pc's. I get up every morning and can't wait for the light to go on. My tank probally looks bad compared to some of yours but I love it. I enjoy everything(except the skimmer mate) from testing the water to doing DIY projects. Is there anything that you can't make with eggcrate and super glue?
Thanks again I will always be around with more questions.

reefforbrains

No such thing as a bad tank if the owner puts love and attention to it.
Originally Posted by andy51632
My tank probally looks bad compared to some of yours but I love it.
Never talk like that. Your tank ranks right amongst all the rest of eveyone elses on the boards.....
Its awesome to see people enjoy the hobby not just the coveted rare items or bragging rights, the hobby is kept alive by the budget minded and DIYer. Good to have you on the boards.....
And lets see some pics!! We know your wife and co-workers dont care but we LOVE pics!!
-RFB

socal57che

I'd like to say "thanks" as well. I read and read and read. You guys have no idea how much you've helped us. There's at least a dozen people that I can think of right off the top of my head who really want to help others succeed. You spend your time here contributing your knowledge to help better the life of others and I want to make sure you know how appreciated you all are. For fear of forgetting someone, I won't use names. You know who you are.
Thanks a million!
ps...Andy, great thread, sir.

ophiura

Any hobbyist who comes to a board like this to research - whether the thought just popped into your head to try it, or you've been working at it for years - is ahead of the majority of others.
So give yourself some credit, because it is due

autofreak44

i would also like to pitch in my thanks to the boards, i dont know what i would do without you guys (how emotional)

cjml

I agree-lots of good information here from lots of good people!
Just curious -what happened to the "happy fish" symbol? My fav!!

sturner

Might as well highjack as well. There are so many knowledgable folks on here! Thanks for the patience and advice. First place I go in the morning is my tank. Last thing I look at before bed... you got it.

karenm

I'll add my Thanks to all of you here as well, and also to Shanna and Belinda in Georegetown and Greg in Austin who are so awesome and willing to share info and advice to a noobie.
I knew there was something different about this hobby, and now I know the hobbyists are just as special. It feels good knowing all of you are out there with all the answers and think my tank and critters and fish are just as important as I do.

renogaw

You all are very welcome :p
but yea, i know i wouldn't be doing the hobby correctly if i never accidentally stumbled across this website.