Thanks to Tanked!

ufo8micats

All because of watching the show Tanked, i got the idea to do a damsel only tank. To me the damsel fish is like the ciclid of the ocean. they are active, and colorful, and are considered by most to be the bullies of the water world. I now have seven damsels in with each other with no territorial issues, and am looking for my next group.
Just wanted to say, thanks to Tanked and to all the people who are able to make the impossible, possible.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo8micats http:///t/387809/thanks-to-tanked#post_3415144
All because of watching the show Tanked, i got the idea to do a damsel only tank. To me the damsel fish is like the ciclid of the ocean. they are active, and colorful, and are considered by most to be the bullies of the water world. I now have seven damsels in with each other with no territorial issues, and am looking for my next group.
Just wanted to say, thanks to Tanked and to all the people who are able to make the impossible, possible.
I knew that something like this would come out of this show... now why would you want to do a damsel only tank? Do you have any pictures of the tank?

cranberry

What's wrong with a damsel tank? People have been adding a plethera of damsels to their tanks for years. They are one of those most frequently sold fish and are considered the bread and butters at the LFS.

ufo8micats

No, noone came across wrong. I have always enjoyed the Damsel fish. and I find it to be the hardiest, colorful, and least expensive of the trade. And for me that is all that counts. I have a hard time parting with my hard earned money when it comes to making aquarium purchases. I refuse to spend $50- $100 bucks on a fish or two or a couple of rocks. But hey, that is just me. I don't have alot of time to devote to spefic specs, foods, or equipment that some of the more less hardy species need. So, the Damsel works just fine for me.
Just my opinion, but I think that Damsel fish along with several other species of fish/inverts have gotten a bad rep. I plan to hopefully break the stigma they have gotten.

al&burke

I have a 40 breeder that is tied in with my 65 reef (same sump) I too was think of going with an all damsel tank, I can't seem to get a good fuzzy dwarf up here in Canada.