****! That little (insert word here)!!

emperor11

I just got back from the LFS where I volunteer and get store credit for helping him out (Im only 13). We had gotten a new order of zoanthids in, and as I was putting one in I got bit or something by a little mother, nevermind..MANTIS SHRIMP! OUCH! My finger is still bleeding. I want to shoot that little bugger. Anyway, take this as a reminder to ALWAYS use caution when handling your rock. FYI...that little mantis shrimp is still alive (i didnt kill him, though I wanted to), I put him in a 10 gallon all by himself with a deep sand bed to keep him from cracking the glass at the LFS. He was all green, so if that helps with his identification, then so be it. Just thought I'd share my painful story.
~Adam

moby

If you put him in a tank all by himself you now have the opportunity for a very interesting species tank!
These guys get a bad reputation for there agressive nature. Which is usually true, but they are also very facinating to watch. They seem to have a degree of smarts and JMO are neat little critters.
Moby

emperor11

Originally Posted by moby
If you put him in a tank all by himself you now have the opportunity for a very interesting species tank!
These guys get a bad reputation for there agressive nature. Which is usually true, but they are also very facinating to watch. They seem to have a degree of smarts and JMO are neat little critters.
Moby
Yep, I agree..their neat, but I want to kill that particular one! LOL! He isn't in a tank all by himself at my house, I put him in a tank all by himself at the LFS. Maybe someone will want him..who knows.