That Pet Place, Lancaster PA

chadman

Originally Posted by mamasky712
I'm in Exeter. Like a half mile from a-z. We got our 90g tank and stand there for a decent price. I work at ***** and it was cheaper at a-z than ***** with my discount. We've bought inverts from a-z and we did get a rainford goby once but it didn't last very long. We're going to start stocking our 90g in a month or so and some of their prices are high but I'm willing to pay more if the fish are generally healthy.
We were actually in there yesterday to look at their live rock and corals and not a single person in there could tell us how much the mushrooms were.
haha yeah its so screwy that they can't even tell you what things cost...but on a positive note...we got a fairy wrasse for 20 bucks that was worth like 125 bucks...they didn't know what it was and i wasn't going to argue with them....they were supposed to call and let us know what it was but never did so we just went back and thats what they told us so thats what we paid...

chadman

did u graduate from exeter? i checked out yoru profile and from your birthday i'd say we both graduated in 2000?

chadman

no antietam...but i new a lot of people from exeter...i used to own the ritas water ice on perkiomen ave too...

chadman

o yeah? who? i know i know them too...theres only 500 kids from 7-12 so pretty much if you go there the whole time you know everybody...haha

mamasky712

Nick Gardecki, Ricky Kehr, Desiree something or another, and other people but I can't remember right now. It's been a long time since school

mamasky712

well, I just have a small 12g right now. I've got some mushrooms, zoos, and a frag of a leather coral (i think) that Nikki (bellanavis) traded me for some shrimp.
In another month or so we're going to start stocking our 90g and it will be a reef tank.

azaghalsei

Originally Posted by mamasky712
well, I just have a small 12g right now. I've got some mushrooms, zoos, and a frag of a leather coral (i think) that Nikki (bellanavis) traded me for some shrimp.
In another month or so we're going to start stocking our 90g and it will be a reef tank.
It's a cabbage coral, hunny.

Your couldn't help himself husband,

Ian

puffer32

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
The dry goods are great but they are infamous for not having very healthy livestock. It usually looks very good, but does not hold up very long, supposedly. This is why I have never bought any fish from them. I stock up on supplies every 3 to 4 months though,
If I were you, chadman, I would just wait a month or two until the Hidden Reef is back open. They always had great livestock when they were open and their new fishroom is going to be absolutely huge. They probably now have as much fish stuff as that Pet Place as well, and their prices are awesome. Their dry goods section is now open, but their fishroom is still being worked on.
When i lived outside philly i always shopped Hidden Reef over That fish place. No comparson on the fish and corals. And the staff at HR was more knowledgeable and didn't try to sell me anything not suited for my tank. FP will sell you anything. I am just sorry i live to far to shop there any more, the reopening will be awesome.

goldenboy

I'm another one who's never been to the Hidden Reef. In our area if you're willing to drive there's A-Z pond, Reefs and Tails (Wyommising), Shear Heaven(Allentown), Something Fishy(Northampton), That Fish Place (Lancaster). I frequent these places the most.