The 1,250.00 question

T

tschubert

Okay, so now I need your expert advice and opinion. I have located an "Allglass megaflow 155 bow front with oak stand, and the following:
2 Megaflow pipe set-ups
1 black bow front versa top
2 aquarius thermometers
2 all-glass 300 watt submersible heaters
2 Eheim 2217 cannister filters
2 36" Aqualights, 96 watts ea.
1 H.O.T magnum filter with three inserts????
The deal comes with 300+ of "Lava Rock"?? 100 lbs. of new "pool sand" and all miscellaneous accesories. This tank was set up for African Cichlids, and the guy took the sump and pump/filter assemblies back and got the cannisters. I am going to look at it tomorrow to potentilally set up as reef tank. Let me hear your thoughts, and if I choose to decline I can fwd info to any interested.

hot883

I think it's a great deal. Just the tank and stand around here would run $2,100. But since it's used, you usually get 1/2 to 1/3 what it is worth.

ravennreef

Most of the stuff it comes with is useless(filters, sand, lava rock) for a reef. I would imagine you could sell off the stuff you dont use but it still seems a little high to me. I would pass if I were you and keep looking.

T

tschubert

Thanks for the info, I will use this bargaining chip if I decide to buy.

T

tschubert

Thanks for the help and advice, bought the package for $800.00.

hot883

Originally Posted by tschubert
Thanks for the help and advice, bought the package for $800.00.

SCORE. Congrats.

T

tschubert

Definitely a reef tank. Can you give me some help as to what the best lighting package is? I am looking at Orbit aqualight w (3) 250 w HQI and (4) 96 w actinic. I have a price from my LFS of $1499.00. Also Sump or refugium filter system or combination of both? Thanks for all of the replies and help, you guys rock!!!!!!!!!