The 150 is up and running!

spsfreak100

Over the past several days I've been extremely busy putting the tank together. Sure enough, Murphy's law of "Whatever can go wrong, Will go wrong" never fails me. Problem after problem, Leak after leak, and one new electrical fuse later I finally have the tank setup and running. I currently have the following:
150 gallon tank (60x24x24)
80 gallon refugium
60 gallon sump
The 80 gallon refugium has a 12" sandbed. The main tank has a very thin 1/16" sandbed. This is just for looks.
Amp Master 3000 (On closed loop)
Mag Drive 9.5
4x Maxi Jet 1200's (used behind the rockwork to prevent any detritus from settling)
1x SEIO pump (1000gph)
2x 1" Sea Swirls
RedSea Wavemaster pro (connected with the four Maxi Jets)
Koralline Calcium Reactor with 5lb co2
Neptune Aquacontroller II (Lab Grade pH and Orp Probes, standard temperature probe) -- Hooked up to the Calcium Reactor
Cooling:
6x 4" fans (2 go in the closet, 4 inside the canopy)
2x 300wt heaters
Central Air Conditioning
Filtration:
300lbs of Livesand
Almost 250lbs of Liverock
Euro-Reef CS-82
Activated Carbon
Rowaphos
Some inhabitants include (All of these were hitchhikers from the rocks which came from Pierce's aquarium):
Blue Linckia sp.
Green Emerald Crabs
Thousands of Asternia sp. starfish.
Anemonia majano :(
Thousands of bristle worms
Various pods and other worms.
M. capricornis (Orange)
M. capricornis (Green with purple rim -- Originally from Tracy Gray's colony)
A. yongei
A. millepora
Thousands of colorfull zoanthids (I have noticed Green, Yellow, Orange, Brown, and pink zoanthids)
Many Palythoa sp. polyps.
So far I have not tested my water - - I have no clue what the levels are.
It's great to finally see my plans come to "life" after working so hard on every aspect of the aquarium. It's truly wonderfull. The water leaks, power outages, low tide smell, and electricutions is all the Iceing on the cake :D
Graham

spsfreak100

For those who are interested in the plumbing,
I have a total of 50' of PVC pipe used. The following is an estimate of what was used:
2x 2" Bulkheads
2x 40 degree Elbows
2x 90 degree Elbows
10x 1.5" 90 degree Elbows
2x 1.5" Tee
4x 1.5" Adapters
3x 1" elbows
2x 90 degree Elbows
4x 3/4" Elbows
2x 3/4" Tee
Roughly 5' of 2" PVC was used
20' of 1.5" PVC was used
10' of 1" PVC was used
15' of 3/4" PVC was used
Keep in mind that everything is plumbed into a nearby closet, including both of the sumps.
Here's a picture of the left side of the tank (plumbing):

kpk

Nice tank, keep us posted. I really like the dimensions of that 150g, and I like the rockwork.
Kyle

golfish

Looking good Graham...I can tell by the first picture you didn't take my advise and remove the cross bracing.

nm reef

I've been wondering how your new display was progressing Graham...good luck with it and keep us posted as it developes.

robchuck

Nice! I especially like the rockwork.
Maybe I didn't read close enough, but what lighting do you have on this tank?

spsfreak100

Thanks for the great comments!
Originally posted by golfish
I can tell by the first picture you didn't take my advise and remove the cross bracing.

Yes, I did find a glass company which would do the new bracing, although the store was about an hour away which would delay me quite some time, esspecially considering the people helping with the move would need to wait another 3 or 4 hours for the bracing to be completed.
Maybe I didn't read close enough, but what lighting do you have on this tank?
I have two 400wt Ushio's and a 400wt radium. The order is UxRxU.
Graham

golfish

Originally posted by SPSfreak100
Thanks for the great comments!
Yes, I did find a glass company which would do the new bracing, although the store was about an hour away which would delay me quite some time, esspecially considering the people helping with the move would need to wait another 3 or 4 hours for the bracing to be completed.

Graham,
:confused: what does a 5 hour deplay have to do with anything :confused: