The 180 gallon bamboo/horn shark tank

jim27

I'm bored tonight so I thought "why not snap a few pics to share on good old swf.com?" So here they are.....
The tank.

Jim, I have a small bamboo shark and have noticed he is getting very active, have yours gotten more active as they grow? Also someone told me that horn sharks are more active than bamboos, is this true? What have you noticed to be interesting about the horn shark as opossed to the bamboo?

jim27

Yes mine also got more active as they got older and they also tend to lay more out in the open as opposed to being as hidden as they can IME. And my horn is about as active as my bamboo. Theres nothing really different about the two as far as behavior and personality if thats what you mean, although the bamboo seems to have a better sence of smell(he reacts much quicker when theres food in the tank) and he's also a lot more aggresive.
HTH

jim27

No, actually the brownbanded bamboo died. :( And you know what the bad part is, I dont even know why. I tested the water everything was fine and I took great care if him. The only reason I can think of is that maybe he got stressed from the whitespotted(he used to ite the brownbanded A LOT at feeding time). Other than that im stumped. :confused: