The Beer thread

reefkprz

OK so normally I drink really cheap beer as I have always hated the taste of "the better more expensive beers" but a couple weeks ago I went to this discount beer store and just for kicks grabbed a 6pack of honey brown lager. LOVED IT. I have been sampling a lot of summer ales too and find myself really liking quite a few of them. here is a list of the beers I have found that I like quite well.
Gritty mc duffs summer ale great
JW dundees almost all exept the IPA and the pale ale. the amber was OK for an amber but not spectacular. I loved the honey brown from this maker.
Wing Walker honey wheat Great
shipyard summer pretty darn good
sam adams summer was oK but not the best summer
Brooklyn brand summer, mediocre

H

huskychasrs

Wow this thread will prolly live for awhile.
I never acquired the taste for Honey Brown personally.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is really good.
Fordham Copperhead Ale..good as well.

ruaround

Big Horn - Butt Face Amber
New Castle Brown Ale
New Belgium - Fat Tire
Dos Equis
Corona
and of course the nectar of the gods...
Coors Light...

seasalt101

ok i hardly ever drink but i had a michelob ultra a few weeks back and i liked that are there any beers out there similar in taste sorry i am not more versed in beers but i haven't drank in years and all these micro-brews popping up i don't know whats good and whats not, i would just like to keep a six-pack in the fridge for the every now and then thanks...tobin

T

tizzo

Beer ll pretty much tastes the same to me, but the cheaper ones, being more watered down, were easier to drink for me. But I do have a favorite.
Corona
Yup, that'd be my beer of choice, when wine or absolute maddresses are not available.

zman1

I don't drink that often any more (maybe 12 a year) but when I do have a few, I try to support the local small brewery.
My two favorites are
1.The King of Beers
2. Head for the Mountains

compjtc

I just picked up a summer sampler case of Sam Adams for cheap and have been loving trying some if their different verities. I find the Cherry Wheat particularly tasty. My normal every day beer is either Budweiser or Coors Light though.

reefraff

If you ever get a chance check out the beers and als from flying dog. Tasty stuff and the cartoon dogs on the labels are great.

kerriann

Wasn't much of a beer person myself til I started dating my current boyfriend who LOVES microbrews and we found quite a few that I enjoy! I actually like a lot of the fruit beers which are a pretty bold taste but ideal for a girl who doesn't particularly enjoy the taste of beer, especially some with a rather hoppy or dry finish. I also like a few ambers and hefelweizens suprisingly enough.
My faves:
Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager
Sea Dog's Blueberry or Apricot
Newcastle Brown Ale
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen
just to name a few :) i find a new one everyday!

nemo1234

Originally Posted by ifirefight
Heres my preference... Im not much of a "trendy beer" guy. I drink what I like. BUD.

that rocks!

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Jmick
New Castle
WarSteiner
Guinness
Dos Exquis
Bass
Harp
PBR

See...Thats a list right there...Except for PBR...I goto waaay to many punk shows and watch everyone there drink PBR..

tdk

Right now seeing that I am stationed in the land of beers, Germany, my tastes have changed greatly. Here there are so many fantastic tasting beers it will be hard to top them when I go back to the States. But a couple of my favorites are:
Paulaner (German beer)
Grimbergen (Belgium beer)
A good cheap beer here is Oettinger
Plus here the beer is sold in .5 liter bottles and average an alcohol content somewhere between 7 and 8 and has high as 12 unlike the state 3.2-5
Tod