The Best Aquarium to visit

I was thinking about planning a trip to an aquarium and I was just wondering what the best aquarium to go to is. I am sure alot of your tanks are better than any aquarium I could go to but you know.
Thanks for the help
Sarah :)

gregzbobo

I've never been to one personally, but have seen plenty of Learning channel stuff about them. Monterey Bay Aquarium in California is one of the best in the world.

gregzbobo

There is a freshwater aquarium in Kentucky thats on par with the quality of the Monterey Bay aquarium, but its freshwater only. I THINK there is the Shedd Aquarium in the Chicago area too. Not sure on the name of it. Ths Smithsonian in DC has a zoo with an invert exhibit. There is the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and the New EnglandAquarium in Boston and Sea World Ohio. Hope this gives you some ideas.

fireeater

We have a great one here on Galveston Island. It is located in one of the 3 pyramids that make up Moody Gardens. One of the other pyramids is a great rain forest setup with some large freshwater ponds.
I'm sure Jillian Ayers has been to them.

moraymike

Yeah, I've been to the aquarium at Moody Gardens. It's pretty cool, but the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is tough to beat.

fireeater

I've also been to the aquarium in New Orleans.
It was pretty large and I loved the Gulf of Mexico set up they have.
All those Bull Reds in there was cool with the Speckle Trout.

A

angelofdeath132

the Ripley's aquarium in s.c. is pretty cool! took the kids there last summer.