the best way to remove aiptasia

bullitr

i have couple of the pest anemones in between my large zoa colony i tried to remove manually with stick couple of times but it didn't work i can't use hot water ,kalkwasser , joe's juice i'm afraid to kill the colony as well or if i get peppermint shrimp will it get along with my fire,cleaner and coral banded shrimp,. i 've had the worst expenrience with wrong peppermint shrimp b4 ( its actually a camel back wipe out most of my corals) copperband butterfly but i don't want to add more fish in my tank until the ick totally disappear in the tank for atleast 2 months . any suggestion comments

You Can Put Lemon Juice In A Syring And Squirt Right On The Anemones They Will Slowly Die If You Try To Pick Them Of They Will Split And Spread

mujtba

u cant squirt lemon juice... u need a syringe and have to inject them quickly w lemon juice from concetrate

guinness

i used aiptasia control from blue life. it worked really well. it is reef safe. i did have some get on my zoos but they are doing fine. good luck.

hefner413

once you have had it fish free for 2 mos from the ich - then the copperband is def the way to go. I put one in mine and ate it alllll. And a beaut fish too.

big

Originally Posted by colorado2step
You Can Put Lemon Juice In A Syring And Squirt Right On The Anemones They Will Slowly Die If You Try To Pick Them Of They Will Split And Spread

If you heat the juice it works even better, the Lemon juice works great and its almost free!

chadman

i used tropic marin elimin-aiptasia....it worked well...
i tried to get it in the mouth but i pretty much just shoot it at the base of the aiptasia and it seems to work...i use it in very close proximity to zoas and other corals and have had not negative reaction....
chad

pondy

peppermint shrimp are awsome at getting rid of it. I had the problem of aptasia and now with 2 in my 75 gallon display I dont have one any whre to be seen. I have tried joes juice, lemon juice and just boiling water and they work but I dont like putting that kind of stuff in my tank when the aptasia is right next to my corals, pepermints do a great job

pondy

I had a few big one and they got rid of them. So I guess I dont know. Some one else will have to answer that. Mine just got ride of everything

chadman

sweet...they are so cheap too, i guess it would be worth a shot...its aobut the same price for a couple peppermint shrimp as it is for a bottle of elim-aiptasia...
i wonder if any of my fish or my large cleaner shrimp will give the smaller peppermint shrimps a hard time

bullitr

should i try the boiling water squirt it into the colony? also i have cleaners , fire and coral banded if add peppermint will it survive . i will make sure its a right peppermint shrimp this time if i get one?

scarface

theres a nudibranch that would eat them as well but i forget the name do a seach on ur favorite seach engine with nudibranch and aptasia and see what comes up hth!

chaoscat

I use Kalkwasser mixed very heavy,like 3 parts water 1 part Kalk. I put it in an eyedropper and then put it right into the aip's mouth and slowly add as much as I can before it closes up. It's very contained, nothing else affected. Aip closes up and looks like a little white fist. A day or so later, no more Aip.

bullitr

my tank is 30 high and 8 feet high. the zoa is in the sand i can't i get it without disturbing the anemonesand shrink up . but i will try it though. thank you