the BIG BTA's

saltn00b

do you have a big bubble?
i am not talking about lady lumps, but BTA's
mine is a friggen monster and it keeps getting bigger! i try to keep feeding it and it JUST WONT SPLIT!
just how big will this sucka get?
it probably is capable of stretching 20" especially because it has "elongated" bubbles most likely due to lower lighting conditions.
here is some pics in chrono order, lets see yours!

renogaw

i'll post mine later when i get home. I'm thinking about stopping feeding mine and seeing if they will split.

jlm

mine was like that and we moved the tank this last week and it split two days later. I was all worried about it but it seems to be doing fine. My clown fish can't make up her mind which one she wants to host in. One is on top of the rock and one is under the rock in the tunnel.

zanoshanox

Sometimes they will split due to stress, so look for him to show signs that he may split the next time your tank crashes!

reef diver

Do a large water change, or just medium. My RBTA is about that size. LOL cant wait for a split MONEY!!!!

saltn00b

being a BTA, the sting is not so bad for surrounding corals, but now it is blocking light, and the sheer amount of lashings is starting to really make surrounding leathers and xenia unhappy

reefreak29

Originally Posted by fish addict
I think we need some more pictures of that monster! :jumping:
Or do we...
well thats the whole tank

gmford1979

well saltn00b, you just thought you had a problem. good lord that thing is HUGE. i bet he eats $20 worth of shrimp a week

reefforbrains

Or just toss on a wetsuit and go host in it yourself, dont let your clowns have all the fun.
He probably dangles children above the tank and threatens what will happen if they dont finish thier homework.
Nice.