The Blob Blooms!!

bluegirl

Ok, I bought some lr back on the 1st of Dec of this past year. It had a pink spongy blob on it, so I left it and let it grow. Now that it's bigger, I'd like to see if someone can ID it. This is the best pic I can get, it can also retract it's stalks. Anyone know what it is?? Thanks!

corally

I have the same stuff growing on my tufa rock. Is it true that all rock in your tank will eventually become live?

bronco300

do they compltely retract in? looks like it could be pulsing xenia, or maybe even some gsp(green star polyps)....i dont think ive seen my xenia ever compltely retract into the.."blob"...but gsp will i believe.

bluegirl

When "it" was smaller it did retract all the way except for bumps on the surface. I haven't really looked lately, I know that it's growing constantly.

bluegirl

One problem (maybe my being stupid), but there's no green whatsoever on them. The are a light pink/peach. ***)

dogstar

My vote would be xenia, thats often the way it can come back from a melt down. Probly PomPom.

bronco300

haha...mine are pink right now to....the blob part will be a pinkish, beige, or purple color depending....once they get bigger, the fingers will be green...look it up and youll find tons of pics

bronco300

hmm, dont know about the meltdown....i guess i just didnt think xenia ever went all the way into the base, mine always just gets real close to the base and the fingers ball up real tight...

bluegirl

hmm the fingers balling up maybe the bumps that i'm seeing, I don't have the best eyesight or do the best descriptions...thanks to all for the info!! I'm leaning to xenia, but I guess I'll have to wait a little while to see. Thanks you guys!! :happyfish

bronco300

here is what my gsp looks like right now....its pink as well, small, and will go into the base when bumped or whatever...

bluegirl

from the photo, I'm relatively sure that it's not gsp then, just doesn't look like that. thanks though for the help! :happyfish

kdfrosty

I say xenia, could possibly be a toadstool (or other leather), or lcove polyps too. Can you get a better picture of the extended polyps, preferably of the top of the polyp itself?>