The Clown Trigger signature WHIP!

robbytt

In my 30L (as some of you might know) I have a 2.5" Juv. Clown Trigger, 3.5" Huma Huma Trigger and an 18" Eel man (snowflake that is). Now, there is some playful :D interaction between the Clown and the Huma Huma. Because the Clown is out-sized to retaliate with playful nips is useless. He will curl back his tail and whip the cr@p out of the Huma Huma 'body slamming' him into the glass. Then he swims away up and down the tank with a HUGE grin :D on his face knowing that in a few months he will rain supreme.
The question is: Is this unique behavior?
Oh, and, a...before the flames begin - Just know that in June they will be moved into my 150g I'm currently setting up -- Well deserved on their part because they exhibit fairly unique behavior IMHO (from what I've seen and heard anyway)

clowntrigga

I just got my 1 inch clon trigger from saltwater.com yesterday and i also have a 2.5 inch huma huma and a 1.5 inch huma huma and i noticed the clown threatining the huma huma with some whips from his tail but didnt really think anything of it but i guess they will be doing some backyard wrestling according to your post!I cant wait to peep that!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

trgirl

When we first introduced our clown to a tank with a picasso and a niger, there was some havoc similar to yours. He whipped his tail around on them and such. Now, they only get into it at feeding time. It's pretty crazy to watch because any other time, they all swim around together like a gang looking for someone to pummel!

fishgirl

When I had my agressive tank, my Humu used to tail-whip my tang when he was mad (like when he was embarassed that my vaccuum cleaner had scared him :D), but Tangy still had his seniority - one look from my puny yellow tang would send the big 6" baby of a triggerish clear to the other side of the tank!! It was rather amusing. For the paper-thin whips they are, tangs are pretty good at showin 'em who's boss! :rolleyes:

benihuma

Both my triggers, clown and huma, are about 2 inches. Now, my clown does coil the tail like he's about to wip, but never lets it go. He just sort of arms it, and keeps it pointed at picasso until he goes away. I can't wait til they get bigger! Any idea on rate of growth for these triggers?
Ben

shel

I want to to a second tank as a aggresive set. I have always wanted a clown trigger, but my tank came with nice, peaceful fish. Then I got attached to them, so now I am going to eventually do a 125 aggresive set. From everyones stories I really want a clown trigger. I was laughing out loud at work over the stories. :D I can just picture it.
Thanks for the laughs
Shel