The DAWG Thread

pitbull01

Hey everyone,
I thought since I and I know many fellow members are dog lovers, that we could do a thread full of pics of our dogs! Bailee, is the little one-she is a shihtzu/maltese mix, Lucy-the big black dog, is a black lab/rottweiler mix, and Annie-my dog-the tan one-is a pitbull. I'll start...post as many as u want!!

pitbull01

AWWWWWWWWW!!! I love them! That last one looks like something my pit would do...dumb dog...lol. Gotta love 'em though!

pitbull01

Thanks for sharing those pics! I have never seen a shiba inu! They're cool! Doesn't the snorting noise of the bulldog bother you? I am not sure I could live with it, but they sure are cute!

bigb

Well, either the kid looks stoned or the dog does, not a good picture night. Left to right Grace, Jasmine, and Nietzsche.

pitbull01

I think they both look stoned. lol-just kidding. What kind of dogs are those? Is the darker one a weimaraner?

michelle l

My five year old Great Dane, Neo. He is starting to look like my distinguished old man nowadays...we drove to Houston to get him and he's been worth the long trip thousands of times over. His mother was pointed and his father was a Canadian champion. He was shown briefly by his breeder but only earned a few AKC points, so she retired him and placed him with us. He's got the most fantastic temperament of any dog I've ever met and loves everyone he meets, people and animals alike. He's truly my "soul-dog."

michelle l

I know...it makes me sad when I look at him and see how gray he's getting in the face. Many Danes make it to their teens, but many of them don't make it be as old as my Big Man. Life spans are getting longer with better breeding practices, but they still don't live as long as we want them to. Average now is, I think, closer to 10 years. Dane people accept that as part of life with a Dane, because once you have one, it seems completely worth the heartbreak they cause when they go.
Neo still has quite a bit of energy to play, so I count my blessings. I'll be devastated when I lose him.

J

jcrim

Oh so now we're doing big dogs... here's harley (st. bernard) and jo-jo (english mastiff).

pitbull01

INCREDIBLE! I have always liked English Mastiffs! When I bought Annie, my dog, I was trying to decide between the mastiff, a doberman, or a pit bull. I chose a pit bull and she is like an angel in heaven! I love her, although someday, I would also like a mastiff...

tripleshot

Heres a pic of my Newfouland his name was thunder he was 4yrs old in the pic. Since the pic was taken i had to have him put down. Because he tore his acl and the surgery was $1,000 to repair and the vet said he would need the other one done because it was on the way out. Another $1,000 than he would have arthritis so bad in a year or two that i would have to put him down anyway.

spartan78

Originally Posted by tripleshot
Heres a pic of my Newfouland his name was thunder he was 4yrs old in the pic. Since the pic was taken i had to have him put down. Because he tore his acl and the surgery was $1,000 to repair and the vet said he would need the other one done because it was on the way out. Another $1,000 than he would have arthritis so bad in a year or two that i would have to put him down anyway.
Sorry about what happened to Thunder. Newfoundlands are my favorite dogs, such a shame that that was the best choice for him.

socal57che

jcrim, how'd you get your dog in my jeep??

and the dog in the first pic, the one front and center...............I think it's dead. :notsure:

pitbull01

Originally Posted by socal57che
jcrim, how'd you get your dog in my jeep??

and the dog in the first pic, the one front and center...............I think it's dead. :notsure:
lol-yeah...that would be a stuffed animal...
Hot883, is the a dachshund?
-Adam