The Devil's Rejects!!

microman2k

well........i just added about 50 snails to my 55 gallon which has 2 blue damsels, 1 tomato clown, and 1 yellow tang, and from the moment i put those snails in their, they have harassed the heck out of them. when they were in the bottom of the tank, the nudge them and suck at them, and sling them all over the tank, then when they get attatched to the side of the glass, they knock them off and continue to "play" with them on the ground...and its gradually killing them i believe!...it doesnt help either that i have HUGE zebra hermit crab that is in on it too......these snails are small....1/2"-1" :help:

jeo

all of your fish are doing that? thats odd, as I have had all of those fish in tanks with snails and from what I could tell they never even looked at the snails

microman2k

nope.....they were all alive.......i made sure each one was alive before i put it in the tank.......this is so weird....and they are still doing it right now as i type....i can see them :mad: .......and if all of these snails die..i wont have anything to revert to to clean that tank...i tried astrea snails a couple of months ago....and they did the same thing...i dont know what i am going to do

snipe

Mabey collect the ones you can get a old plastic cup of some kind that is clean. Drill holes in it "small holes so the snails can get out" Put it on the bottom of the tank upside down. If these are the snails im thinking of they will burrow down in the sand. They will come out when they want and mabey by that time the fish will be over there terrorizing.

kahnsell

The snails may just have algae on them that the fish are pecking at... Also, once snails land on their back, they can't flip themselves over and then become crab food. There's really nothing you can do, unless you want to remove them. Buy hey, they're snails, they grow on trees and are usually really cheap.

snipe

Saltwater snails are up there around $1.50 to $4 a pop. These perticular snails I think are nassarius obsolete snails if so there alittle cheaper since you can buy them by the hundreds for $20.
These perticular snails and alot of other can flip over its usually the ones with the pointed shels that cant turn over.

dburr

2 blue damsels, 1 tomato clown, and 1 yellow tang,
They are all agressive fish you have in your tank. They're just doing what they do best.
You might want to try adding new stuff with the lights out and feed the fish first, see if that helps. :yes:

microman2k

no these can turn over.....this are the first kind that i saw that can....but every single one of them turn over...its like they twist their body inside their shells until they flip...its sorta funny to watch them