the dreaded ick

teviesfish

How long before i see the white lesson or disapear completely? We treated with marine ick for a week with no improvement so finially bit the bullet and got a qt tank set up. Threated them with copper pro and that was saturday night. when will i see a change? I think i see even more ick> does it get worse before it gets better because the ick is scrambling for a host? :help:

sepulatian

Originally Posted by teviesfish
How long before i see the white lesson or disapear completely? We treated with marine ick for a week with no improvement so finially bit the bullet and got a qt tank set up. Threated them with copper pro and that was saturday night. when will i see a change? I think i see even more ick> does it get worse before it gets better because the ick is scrambling for a host? :help:
It is only Monday, you should see an improvement in a day or two. Don't overdose on that copper. Use only the dose recomended.

teviesfish

we only used the amount it said to. And we are treating one flame angel fish. two perc clowns ( which are doing the best so far) one royal gramma which i think someone has picked on becuase most of his tail fin is missing...so he lays around most of the time...and one baby blue hippo

alyssia

Originally Posted by teviesfish
we only used the amount it said to. And we are treating one flame angel fish. two perc clowns ( which are doing the best so far) one royal gramma which i think someone has picked on becuase most of his tail fin is missing...so he lays around most of the time...and one baby blue hippo

If I'm not mistaken, blue hippos are one of the fish that are sensitive to copper.

turbonerd

drop some kent garlic extreme in there with feedings. works wonders!
i had ick in my display tank and i didn't want to treat with medicine. so i used garlic extreme and fed 4x daily with spectrum thera +A. ick disappeared in a couple days.