The Full Seahorse Tank Shot Thread

bender77

Here's my thought. When I was looking for aquascping ideas for my tank I was searching through tons of threads trying to get glimpses of full tank shots. I though it might be a cool idea for everyone to post a full tank shots in this thread. Then as your tank changes or get get more ect. you can post again. And newbies can post when they set up their tanks, ect. If you have issues with the design you can post it. Maybe it will be a cool place to see lots of tanks, get some ideas for a long time.
37gallon cube. My first attempt. I liked this aquascape at first but suspect I had major flow issues and in the long run think the horses didn't have enough open swim room. The sponge and most of those macro's died, but it did look nice in the beginning. Then I had a horrible time keeping cyano under control
Front View

Side View

I recently tore the tank apart due to cyano and extra large evil bristle worms and this is my new trial. I know some people don't like rock on the back, but I thought I would try. The Korilla nano in the middle of the back is off. There was way too much flow in the front for now, and I have a hidden MP10 pushing flow across the back.
Front

Side

novahobbies

OK. I didn't want to post mine until now...cause we've all seen that old FTS pic I drag out periodically anyway. But since I've updated my FTS pic, I think it's worth posting here for your idea thread.
Tanks specs: Exactly the same as yours, LOL! 37g cube. 150W Metal Halide plus two 14w actinic T5's. Phoenix MH bulb, 15000K color temp.
4 H. erectus horses, 2 Mandarins, and (now) a Royal Gramma. Corals....well, you'll see 'em. All of them make the "safe" list on the Seahorse coral guide.

flower

Well my potbelly seahorse tank is pretty young...3 months...I'm showing the tanks first set up so you can see the rock work and decor
90g

I will have to take a picture of it with macros later. I do have an algae bloom right now too.
Here is the 56g

Same tank with macros..I did change the decor a little and added an in-tank refugium for amphipods to breed.

travelerjp98

Everyone's looks great! They're all so fascinating. Nice job bender and nova with the usage of the NPS corals... adds uniqueness and color... and flower... your coliseum... how cool is that?!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/392167/the-full-seahorse-tank-shot-thread#post_3485154
Everyone's looks great! They're all so fascinating. Nice job bender and nova with the usage of the NPS corals... adds uniqueness and color... and flower... your coliseum... how cool is that?!
You are only limited by your imagination...I forgot to add this tank. It was a 30g long. I kept Erectus horses. A power outage that lasted 4 days fueled hair algae. I had used miracle mud mixed into the sand to feed the macros and turtle grass. During the black out, I used natural light so the horses would eat. Once hair algae got a foot hold, it was impossible to control. I don't recommend miracle mud or anything like it.
This was the most beautiful soft coral reef with seahorses I ever had. It had a rock wall background and the feeding dish was a ceramic coral decorated stand for a fish bowl. Now I only do macros.