The killer watchman goby

travis99

Hmm.. I peaked in my tank this morning and I saw my goby with somethng hanging out of his mouth. I move in for a closer look and then I see it. It is a hermit crab hanging out of his mouth. Its claws were hanging out of the gobys mouth and he kept spitting it out and sucking it back in.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by travis99
Hmm.. I peaked in my tank this morning and I saw my goby with somethng hanging out of his mouth. I move in for a closer look and then I see it. It is a hermit crab hanging out of his mouth. Its claws were hanging out of the gobys mouth and he kept spitting it out and sucking it back in.
It might have been dead already and he's chewing on it or it could be a molt as welll, but I have never have heard of reports of yellow watchmen gobys killing hermies. mine is affraid of his own shadow!

travis99

definetly not a molt. I really didnt see any signs that the herm was doing bad. The gobe don't take no guff from nobody. Yellow tang wont even go near him anymore.

andy51632

Saw a picture of a Shrimpgoby - Pink & Blue goby eating a peppermint shrimp yesterday online. Very well could of ate it if it fit in his mouth.