the list grows

nm reef

Added 3 new corals to my 55 reef.......a medium size pogoda coral...ricordia mushroom rock(with several healthy mushrooms) and a medium size colt.....these were added to a large green hammer/large green bubble/assorted mushrooms(red/watermellon/green fuzzy/brown hairy/green floresence/and mushroom anomone)large finger leather/medium cabbage leather/elegance coral/sarcophyton sp(and its 2 frags)/medium plate coral/maze brain(green)/red/green open brain/cynirina/branching green star polyps/growing colony of yellow polyps/assorted types of button polyps/a small trumpet coral/& 3 large feather dusters.........these guys are patroled by a tomato clown/coral beauty/red coris wrasse/manderian dragonette and 50 + snails/50+ red/blue hermits
sorry I am not able to take pics but I am so proud of my 9 month old reef that I just wanted to verbally share
Sure wish I could take and post pics......your opinions and advise has been a big help and I so badly want you to see my NMReef..... :eek: :cool: :D

nm reef

Just a little side note........hopefully before my reef reaches its birthday I will have a site up with pics of tank and refugium.........one of the web site design instructors at a local community college is going to offer my tanks and resources to students as a class project.....so maybe this old computor dummy will be able to have a web site to share

flydan

Hey,
Cooool!!! I'm going to a not so local lfs today to pick out a new coral too! You sound like you're about ready to upgrade to a 125! :D :p ;)
Dan'l

fat_ed

NM -- seems we're travelling parallel paths. You're about 3 months and several corals ahead of me. My next additions will probably be some xenia (if I can find a nice colony locally) and a ricordia mushroom rock. I also have some small patches of purple coralline algae growing on the glass (the powerheads and spray bar are half-covered) which is supposedly one touchstone for adding SPS. I plan on waiting a few months before adding a few hardy montipora frags.
Here's my stock list:
Yellow Torch
Candycane and small Candycane frag
White Bubble Coral
Elegance
Red Open Brain
Green Maze Brain
Yellow Tonga Leather
Colt Coral
Lavender Toadstool Leather
Blue, Purple and Red/Blue Spotted Shrooms
Green Star Polyps
Button Polyps
Crocea Clam
Squamosa Clam
Red Fromia Starfish
3 Hawaiian Featherdusters
2 Fire Shrimp
2 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp
Maroon Clown
Purple Firefish
Flame Angel
Green Chromis
Scarlet Hermits
Blue-Legged Hermits
Left Handed Hermis
Red Legged Hermits
2 Emerald Crabs
30-odd Astrea and Margarita Snails.
I'd be very curious to see some pics of yr tank. Sounds tremendous.

nm reef

Like I said I'm hopeful that a local college student will take this project on for class credit........and speaking of coraline....well the side and back are simply COVERED....and I regularly have to scrape it off the front glass.....but as far as being full....not really....I still have a list of future additions........xenia is near the top of thatlist........did have a very nice frogspawn(but a heater malfunction took it)....so another will be found eventually.......as for sps....I think I'll avoid them for now.....in the future I've got plans for a 125 that will be sps specific...personally I sort of like the lps and leathers/shrooms/polyps.......I really want to see what ya'all think of it....I like it just fine and am very proud of my first sw venture....and I want to measure my pride againsy your reactions...so a web site with pics is a major priority........time will tell....... :cool:

nm reef

side note to fat_ed.......did you check your post in the aquarium? Been real concerned about you New Yorkers............just know I stand with each of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fat_ed

NM: Saw the post -- thank you. It's a tragedy for New York, but even more so, it's a tragedy for the U.S. and Western civilization. Make no mistake, the best thing to come out of this horror is that it sparked a sense of unity and brotherhood in all of us. Thanks again.