The MOst awsomest tank build ever

tang4me

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2987394
Test fish is the problem, not the fact that one fish eats another. It's pointless to buy a live fish to feed another fish and I realize that's not what you're doing. Test fish is just another way of saying, "I'm too impatient to do it the right way."
It's pointless to buy a live fish to feed another fish- Are you serious??

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by TANG4me
http:///forum/post/2987763
It's pointless to buy a live fish to feed another fish- Are you serious??
Well not always, I was making a generalization. For example it can be impossible to feed some fish frozen because they don't identify it as food. Like enticing a lionfish will probably require something live. Usually ghost shrimp will work just fine and money shouldn't be wasted on live fish. Imo, feeding live fish when it isn't necessary is pointless. There is no benefit to doing so, except watching is really cool.

sager303

I really didn't think my thread on "steriotypical" tank diary would turn in to a discussion on animal rights....

pohtr

Yea, its amazing where conversations lead. ANYWAY, back to the subject of this thread....
I love your first pic of the jugs of water. Laughed my butt off. and I also love your drawing. I can tell you & gf have a good sense of humor.

spiderwoman

Do you mix your waterchange water beforehand or do you just dump in the water and salt directly into your tank? Are you planning on getting a RO system?

sager303

I have a R/O system in the mail. I mixed just to get things going. My tap water is disgusting. I will mix before I add anything to the tank.

stanlalee

why do people think this is a live fish cycling. IF that rock wasn't cured the fish would be dead already. Most people buy cured rock locallly to prevent having to do it themselves. and since when did getting hardy fish first become such a bad idea especially since he likes damsels. If its his fifth tank he should have some clue to whats going on by now. 3 small damsels in a tank that size doesn't spike ammonia high enough or long enough to be cruel. I use to do this for 10yrs (before I knew what liverock was) and never saw any objective or subjective evidence of cruelty or discomfort or a single loss.
I dont get why people can casually overlook the over collection and not uncommon 50-80% loss before the fish ever leave the collector for many species, the multiple shipping in a small bag and the transfer from system to system before reaching the customer yet are overly concerned with the alledged cruelty of cycling with damsels.

tad

Love the drawwring. Got a good chuckle out of that. I for one think a person should be able to show how he or she set there tank up without getting hammerd. If you dont like the use of fish for cycling just send whoever a pm and try to ezplain your point. If someone asks for your advice then give it.
I wont use fish to cycle my tank but thats my choice. Just as his choice is to do it the way he did.
If some people would have some tact instead of bashing people there point would be better served.
I also got a chuckle out of the back of the rig being filled with water, lol

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by sager303
http:///forum/post/2989230
when I found out PEZenfuego was 15 I lost interest in the discussion. Here are some new pics.
I just don't like the idea of adding a fish first. I wasn't bashing you if that is what it sounded like. You can do it that way if you want, the majority of people used to do it like that in the past and it works. Now we know that the fish don't like being used in this way. Fish aren't like corals, if they're unhappy, they usually just keep swimming. Don't say it's fine because your fish look fine. It comes down to morals. You are doing nothing wrong truthfully, it will work and your fish will probably be fine. Nice tank and good luck. You didn't have to argue with me, I voiced my opinion and you voiced yours.
Anyway, I was offended by this statement. Age has little to do with experience or knowledge.
I don't feel that because I'm 15 you should assume that I'm an idiot and know nothing about this hobby, which is how I inferred that post. It is especially offensive when someone who uses the phrase, "most awesomeness" says it.

vampofvegas

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2990396
Anyway, I was offended by this statement. Age has little to do with experience or knowledge.
I don't feel that because I'm 15 you should assume that I'm an idiot and know nothing about this hobby, which is how I inferred that post. It is especially offensive when someone who uses the phrase, "most awesomeness" says it.

mudplayerx

Please keep posts civil and on topic. This forum is for discussing reef tanks, not for discussing the age of users or for being rude.
If you disagree with someone's comment, do so in a civil manner or you will be reported to the moderators.

sager303

Are you a moderator? No.
If people like you asked relevant questions about reef tanks, Id be polite. Instead, people like you keep a ongoing discussion about civil rights.
I'm over this...no more updates.

jdl

Originally Posted by sager303
http:///forum/post/2992892
Are you a moderator? No.
If people like you asked relevant questions about reef tanks, Id be polite. Instead, people like you keep a ongoing discussion about civil rights.
I'm over this...no more updates.
keep updating, dont let the far left ruin your thread. This entire hobby can be argued as cruel to fish. These fish are ripped from the ocean, shipped somewhere, shipped again, put in tank after tank.... i could go on and on.
But the point is, keep up the build thread.