The MOst awsomest tank build ever

tdog7879

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2993384
keep updating, dont let the far left ruin your thread. This entire hobby can be argued as cruel to fish. These fish are ripped from the ocean, shipped somewhere, shipped again, put in tank after tank.... i could go on and on.
But the point is, keep up the build thread.
THIS STATEMENT ABOVE IS THE BEST STATEMENT I HAVE SEEN ANYONE POST!!!!! I myself have been bashed for how i acclimating my fish
....There are just a bunch of PETA loving people on this site that just need to back off .... Keep giving updates and do whatever you want to do to your tank! There are alot of people on here that wont bash you on how you do things just give good opinions!!!
So far the Tank looks good!!!!

makoshrk2

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2990396
I just don't like the idea of adding a fish first. I wasn't bashing you if that is what it sounded like. You can do it that way if you want, the majority of people used to do it like that in the past and it works. Now we know that the fish don't like being used in this way. Fish aren't like corals, if they're unhappy, they usually just keep swimming. Don't say it's fine because your fish look fine. It comes down to morals. You are doing nothing wrong truthfully, it will work and your fish will probably be fine. Nice tank and good luck. You didn't have to argue with me, I voiced my opinion and you voiced yours.
Anyway, I was offended by this statement. Age has little to do with experience or knowledge.
I don't feel that because I'm 15 you should assume that I'm an idiot and know nothing about this hobby, which is how I inferred that post. It is especially offensive when someone who uses the phrase, "most awesomeness" says it.

Just so you know, in general age has everything to do with experiance and knowledge, at least when it comes to life

lordlion

could you all get on topic and quit talking about generalazations
and all that crap!! Go on talk more about your reef and just stay on topic!!

reefman22

Haha I just read through this whole post and went on a rollercoaster of emotions from laughing, to confused, to happy, to "wow...really?", to kinda angry, to happy again, to "this is rediculous", and finally a home-stretch of happiness lol (and no, those arent corresponding to certain messages so dont try to figure out who i said that for lol) and finally i've reached the end of the awesomest tank build and i must say, it was QUITE entertaining :) but really....lets see some more pics.
reefman

wattsupdoc

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/2990396
I just don't like the idea of adding a fish first. I wasn't bashing you if that is what it sounded like. You can do it that way if you want, the majority of people used to do it like that in the past and it works. Now we know that the fish don't like being used in this way. Fish aren't like corals, if they're unhappy, they usually just keep swimming. Don't say it's fine because your fish look fine. It comes down to morals. You are doing nothing wrong truthfully, it will work and your fish will probably be fine. Nice tank and good luck. You didn't have to argue with me, I voiced my opinion and you voiced yours.
Anyway, I was offended by this statement. Age has little to do with experience or knowledge.
I don't feel that because I'm 15 you should assume that I'm an idiot and know nothing about this hobby, which is how I inferred that post. It is especially offensive when someone who uses the phrase, "most awesomeness" says it.

The problem is Pez, if you are only 15 then you can surely only have 12-13 years of experience
....Reading 3000 posts a day does not constitute experience. In order to have experience you have to actually experience something
....Now knowledge is different.
Also, it is surely hypocritical to say that cycling with fish is morally bad, as well as feeding live fish is bad, and still participate in this hobby. Maybe it makes you feel better.
Remove your blinders and realize that every time you purchase a fish, they go though all kings of terror to get to you. How horrible of an experience it must be to be collected, bagged in the dark, poked at, netted in the dark again.......
I want a close up of the fire! How do I get some of that under water?

pezenfuego

Yeah I'm the problem. Okay. Poke and prawn me some more. He was attacking my intelligence in general, not just the intelligence I have about fish. With that said, I'm sorry. Now stop.

sager303

Some new pics, I got this really cool green and red rock.

Here is a closeup of the fire that was requested, the damsel couldn't swim near it too long cause he got hot.

fanker

this is probably the most amazing thread i have ever sean!!!!! hahahaha wow r u kidding me?!?!?! why cant people just let people do things how they have always done? i mean c'mon people we keep animals in a 5g tank when they are supposed to be in a ocean. i really dont think people like us have a right to talk about animal rights. we eat meet, we keep fish in tanks we have birds in cages, we have rats in cages. seriously get over it. im sorry sager for butting in but something needs to be said. its his tank, let him do what he wants. its like a goldfish u feed them to other fish. nice tank by the way man. dem.? what filtration? u going reef? lights?

sager303

The lights are a couple compact florescents. They came with the set-up. I wanted to upgrade to metal halide but I'm pretty happy with what I have. I would like to experiment with coral after I'm more confident with this new set-up.

king_neptune

Originally Posted by sager303
http:///forum/post/2987319
and.......why don't you like the day you put damsels in your tank? Their like 4 dollars and look pretty cool.
When they start fighting with other fish you will not like them.
And when you try to remove them and they dip and dart away....you will like them even less.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally I view cycling with damsels as unethical, truthfully....I don't care either, it's not like I haven't eaten meat or kicked the dog on a bad day.
I considered doing it with damsels myself, but after the research I chose not too.
I see people cycle with damsels all the time with success. Most fish stores sell them in bulk specificly becuase thats what they are used for.
But the trendy thing to do is bash it because its cruel....so is this hobby, these fish are prisoners.
Anyways, I like the start of your build, can you show a pulled back shot displaying the whole tank?